PDA

View Full Version : Twin keeps crashing everytime I select satfinder.

no1baggiesfan
14-06-13, 18:59
As the header suggests, just have my motorized setup fitted today, only problem is, everytime the satfinder option is selected the box locks up, grrrr

all logs attached26663.

no1baggiesfan
15-06-13, 11:04
Also need to add that the 680 vix image I am using is not sending power to the dish all the time, dish is failing to move when it is asked to move.

anyone ?

no1baggiesfan
17-06-13, 12:45
still no answer ??

Rob van der Does
17-06-13, 14:23
As I have my Twin available now, I went to test this for you (all on build 682):
1- Positioner setup does not crash the box.
We did recently have a problem in this area, that has been fixed several builds ago. Maybe your online updates didn't go well for some reason, so my advise is to flash the box (make a settings backup and use restore during the first install wizard. However:
2- I do confirm that the motor doesn't work when connected to the Twin.
As the same motor (including all cables etc) works fine on all my other boxes, this seems to be a bug in the Twin (hardware??). I'll report that.

abu baniaz
17-06-13, 16:11
On build 680 no issue moving dish. Upgraded to 682, no problem too.

My tuner is setup as simple, positoner.

no1baggiesfan
17-06-13, 16:16
Lol, after the time we spent last night aswell abu :)

ok, I flashed to 668, tuner A simple, positioner.
went into positioner setup, used "goto x" to send it east and west and set limits, now the dish moves when it is supposed to.

positioner setup crashes still tho, it works the first time you boot, but it crashes after that, it still worked long enough for me to get the dish wirring :D

no1baggiesfan
17-06-13, 22:22
As I have my Twin available now, I went to test this for you (all on build 682):
1- Positioner setup does not crash the box.
We did recently have a problem in this area, that has been fixed several builds ago. Maybe your online updates didn't go well for some reason, so my advise is to flash the box (make a settings backup and use restore during the first install wizard. However:
2- I do confirm that the motor doesn't work when connected to the Twin.
As the same motor (including all cables etc) works fine on all my other boxes, this seems to be a bug in the Twin (hardware??). I'll report that.

Thanks for looking into it Rob, however it was the satfindaer app that was crashing before not the positioner setup, that does however crash sometimes :)

I reflashed the twin with 668, then used the positioner setup to move the dish east and west, then set limits, it has worked fine since, bar the odd crash on both satfinder (crashes if you press "ok" when in app) and positioner setup (seems to crash when you use it for a second time)

thanks again

Rob van der Does
18-06-13, 05:35
In the meantime my Twin is on 683 and dish moves fine now. No idea what caused this before.
I am not able to reproduce any problems around SatFinder. The problem you describe for Positioner has been fixed several builds ago (and as far as I can see it indeed is fixed; anyway I can't reproduce it).

no1baggiesfan
18-06-13, 11:13
Upgrading to 683 now, fingers crossed, thank you Rob.