PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Network not showing on PC

marty
14-06-13, 12:13
Strange thing, I did a fresh flash on both my Quad and Single and as usual installed SMB.
Normally they both show under network on my PC however now they don't :confused:
SMB works perfectly and I have a mapped network drive on my PC to both receivers (movie directory) which I had set up before and both work OK.
Just bugging me how I can't see them under network, it was handy before to update picons etc etc before as you could just drag them across, now I have to piss about with FTPing everything :mad:

It's not my PC (I have several in the house) any ideas?

BubbleBalls
14-06-13, 12:23
This has happened a few times. pc restart/router restart helped me.

I also use airplayer which requires a router restart on occasion (off topic, I know)

Tapatalker

shizik
14-06-13, 13:02
Strange thing, I did a fresh flash on both my Quad and Single and as usual installed SMB.
Normally they both show under network on my PC however now they don't :confused:
SMB works perfectly and I have a mapped network drive on my PC to both receivers (movie directory) which I had set up before and both work OK.
Just bugging me how I can't see them under network, it was handy before to update picons etc etc before as you could just drag them across, now I have to piss about with FTPing everything :mad:

It's not my PC (I have several in the house) any ideas?

same with mine PC . all working fine but can't see it in network connections . what i did is - write in network \\VUUNO ( in your case write \\quad or however is network address ) and make shortcut of your HDD on desktop

marty
14-06-13, 13:02
This has happened a few times. pc restart/router restart helped me.

I also use airplayer which requires a router restart on occasion (off topic, I know)

Tapatalker

I had already tried that :(

vijjll
14-06-13, 18:59
Hi, This has baffled me too. I found that I could get over this by sending a ping to my VU+ Duo box and it then appeared in the network within a few seconds. Hopefully it helps you as well.

kingy29
14-06-13, 19:11
Connect using Open Webif it worked for me

marty
15-06-13, 06:53
Connect using Open Webif it worked for me

? :confused:

Bowz
15-06-13, 08:16
Same here, tried all of the above but still no joy :confused: