PDA

View Full Version : Different description for same show/episode.

shanethegooner
13-06-13, 22:59
I'm trying to use the "require unique description" feature so I don't get multiple recordings but I've got two timers set for the same episode of a show with different descriptions.

I'm only using 1 provider in crossEPG, OpenTV so shouldn't the descriptions all be the same?

Are there any other tips anyone can offer so I only end up with 1 recording of each episode without using the day filter as well.

Thanks.

judge
14-06-13, 01:35
Not sure why the same show would have a different description especially if only using one EPG provider.
Does the name of the show differ in any way, such as having 'NEW' prepended to the show name?

What Sat, provider, channel & show is this happening on? might help some of us replicate the issue if possible & spot what's going wrong for you.

ronand
14-06-13, 07:15
I would delete the epg data and download it again. Its possible that the epg data has been updated but both variants are still being stored.

shanethegooner
16-06-13, 10:08
Hi

Sorry for the delay, hectic weekend!

This happens on Syfy HD with Defiance. There's an episode on tonight and tomorrow night that are the same episode but different descriptions.

New: Defiance 16.06.2013 19:57 - 16.06.2013 21:05 Syfy HD

Sci-fi drama set in the near future, where humans and aliens must co-exist following a long war. Starring Grant Bowler and Julie Benz. (S1 Ep8)

New: Defiance 17.06.2013 22:57 - 18.06.2013 00:05 Syfy HD

A Nasa hero, long believed to be dead, is revived from a coma. He tries to cope with how the world has changed in his absence, but only causes upset to those around him. (S1 Ep8)

Same with Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, but that would seem to be the "New" tag issue, anyway around that?

New: Defiance 18.06.2013 20:57 - 18.06.2013 22:05 Syfy HD

New. A deadly plague sweeps through the town, but it's the Irathients who seem set to pay the ultimate price, despite being immune to the disease. (S1 Ep9)

New: Defiance 19.06.2013 00:47 - 19.06.2013 01:55 Syfy HD

A deadly plague sweeps through the town, but it's the Irathients who seem set to pay the ultimate price, despite being immune to the disease. (S1 Ep9)

ronand
16-06-13, 12:20
Then just use the day filter

judge
16-06-13, 14:07
OpenTV doesn't tag (S1 Ep9) on to the end of shows description as far as I'm aware.
Are you sure you don't have a mix of OpenTV & XMLTV providing data for the same channels?

Delete all EPG data & start again with OpenTV.

shanethegooner
16-06-13, 17:20
Pretty sure I only use OpenTV. When I go into CrossEPG and check all the sections, only OpenTV is selected and only OpenTV shows in the "providers start order."

I deleted the epg data from my USB and redownloaded, still the same.

Most of my timers have a season number and episode number on them, it has always been this way.

Is OpenTV the only provider I can use for Sky channels? Is there an alternative?

judge
16-06-13, 17:45
I use Open TV all the time for SKY UK & IRE EPG & never have season & episode number on them.
However, If I use XMLTV providers - Rytec UK, I do...

EPG is held live in memory, so maybe try a telnet session, init 4 to put enigma to sleep, delete all epg data, then init 6 to reboot enigma.

Then try downloading EPG again.

shanethegooner
16-06-13, 18:21
Done everything you said and still the same results. It's pretty weird.

Is Rytec UK better?

judge
16-06-13, 18:28
Done everything you said and still the same results. It's pretty weird.

Is Rytec UK better?

have you epg saved on both hdd & usb or maybe even internal flash?
as for what's better, that's a personal choice & I just prefer OpenTV.

ronand
16-06-13, 18:40
Ive had a look at the epg on my box and I have the same descriptions so all you can do is use the filters. Its not a problem with the image.

shanethegooner
16-06-13, 19:16
Nope, EPG is only saved to USB.

Never said there was a problem with the image and I'm aware of the filters, thanks. :)

I'll play around with different providers and see what I can come up with.

Thanks all.