PDA

View Full Version : Vu Duo streaming - stop-start problem

daddykins
09-10-10, 13:58
Hi
I've followed the guides and I have almost got streaming working across my home network and outside......

.....but no matter whether I use IE , firefox, chrome etc, and whether I use windows media player or vlc I just can't get streaming to last more than 2 to 4 seconds!

And I need to answer multiple Login/Password requests from my box before I even get that far.

Can anyone give me a pointer as to what the propblem may be?

Cheers,

D

irishchris
09-10-10, 14:20
sounds like you are trying to stream hd channels mate. there is a lot of freezing with streaming them but none with sd due to the high bandwidth used by hd. i overcame that by using windows media player instead of vlc with an increased cache

sivhead
09-10-10, 15:58
What image do you have on your vu plus duo ?
Are you using a wired or wireless connection to your computer ?
what operating system is installed on your computer and what is the spec (of the computer) Processor, graphics card and memory ?

daddykins
09-10-10, 16:06
Hi
Thanks...my image is Dream Elite 29-01-2010 release 2010-06-05

The problem is on both my little HP netbook (N450 chip) and my desktop (dual core) . both have 2mb ram. not sure about graphics...

But the problem maybe due to HD....as suggested by Chris...just tried a standard channel and it's fine. How do I increase the cache on media player?
thanks again
D

xarqi
10-10-10, 07:53
Wired, or wireless connection from Vu+ to LAN?
How about the clients? Wired or wireless?

From your mention of "outside", I'd assume that at least one hop is wireless. If it's two hops, and HD traffic, you may have hit your WiFi bandwidth limit.