PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] How to disable power to LNB?

MarsArtis
13-06-13, 14:29
Hi there,
I've found this:
Vu+DUO send electric power to LNB. I've measured that with a tester and it's about 12v.
Now, everything is fine as long as the DUO is alone or on the same unicable with another DUO. They both handles this voltage.

But I've a news scenario:
Dish with SCR LNB, one DUO, and two Gigablue 800se.
the scheme is the following:

SCR LNB
|
|
SPLITTER-------------->DUO (SCR channels 1 & 2)
|
|
SPLITTER-------------->Giga A (SCR channel 3)
|
|------------------------->Giga B (SCR channel 4)

With all the decoders connected to the antenna cable the two Gigablue are unabele to tune most of the channels, giving errors related to SIT and PAT.
A secondary symptom is that looking at the satfinder to check signal quality the SNR goes to 98% with intermittent 0% measurement. While AGC was totally down to 0 (zero).

As soon as I detach the DUO antenna cable the two Giga become both able to tune everything. AGC and SNR levels are ok (SNR goes to about 85% and AGC about 50% - if I do remember right).

So, for sure DUO issue a 12v electric tension. And this tension is not tolerated by Gigablue 800se tuner.
Is there any setting that may disable this powering on the DUO?

All the three receivers are on VIX 3.0 build 679

MarsArtis
15-06-13, 05:59
Nobody has a suggestion?

pooface
15-06-13, 07:25
Set the duo to deep standby whilst using the gigas?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

twol
15-06-13, 10:37
Must admit to not come across this technology before your post.... Neat idea but (apart from initial cost) you would have been better off with a quattro lnb and multiswitch.... More flexibility in terms of connectivity and it all works. I have 3 receivers, PC and one TV all connected to 2 dishes.
Probably not the answer you want but you are not constrained by the problem you have just hit.:)

Rob van der Does
16-06-13, 10:58
Nobody has a suggestion?
See here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14172-Power-to-LNB-on-always-possible&p=103539&viewfull=1#post103539). Not sure if it works for your box, but just give it a try.

MarsArtis
17-06-13, 15:09
Ok mates,
the solution is that It's not DUO to be working bad but the Gigablue.
For the fix here's my reply in another thread:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?26034-Trying-to-fix-scr-issue&p=220098&viewfull=1#post220098

So please admins close this thread as SOLVED