PDA

View Full Version : programm listings not displaying

sublimecantona
13-06-13, 14:13
Hi guys
had my venton HD2 a few weeks now and loving it - only one issue - more often than not the programme listings dont appear for some channels. and some channels only have current programme showing and whats coming next is blank. So i cant set recording for programmes.

Any idea how to solve this? do i need to follow this link
http://www.*************.co.uk/forums/f95/getting-cross-epg-work-e2-images-64930/index2.html
or this one:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15585-How-to-setup-Crossepg-in-all-ViX-Images

OR is there another solution.

thanks

SS

Larry-G
13-06-13, 14:30
have a read of this.

sublimecantona
13-06-13, 14:51
phoenix
thanks. whats ABM? DO you have a similar pdf for setting up and running ABM?

Larry-G
13-06-13, 14:56
ABM = AutoBouquetsMaker. Basically this allows you to setup and fully automate the process of finding and managing channels and channel changes.

I do have a tutorial but it's not 100 percent completed yet, it should however give you a good idea on what you would need to do.

sublimecantona
13-06-13, 14:58
youre a star - thanks alot - will read and attempt :)

sublimecantona
14-06-13, 11:36
phoenix
followed your guides yesterday for ABM and EPG and worked a treat - thanks very much :)

one more q, any idea how we can connect my raspberry pi to the venton so I can watch it on my room TV?

Stanman
14-06-13, 19:39
Does your raspberry pi have a browser, if so, put in the IP address of the venton and use openweb to watch

Trial
14-06-13, 19:50
Hi,
do you want to see films from rasPI on your STB or the films of your STB on you rasPI?

1. film from rasPI on STB mount the directory with you films on the STB
2. film from STB on rasPI take a look at XBMC for rasPI and with the PVR edition you can also watch live TV.

ciao

sublimecantona
19-06-13, 16:18
Trial
option 2 - I have found this site and will be trying it out - will let you know how i get on -

Stanman, it does have a browser - at this stage I've got Rasbmc installd on my SD card - but not yet fired it up -

thanks guys

sinky50
20-06-13, 17:44
I tried this guide and everything set up for west of Scotland, free sat and northern Ireland. Did a scan but only brought up free to air channels. Am I doing something wrong.
Thanks sinky

sinky50
20-06-13, 21:03
Update My mistake didn't notice the extra bouquets below the first ones, must have been looking at freview

thanks sinky