PDA

View Full Version : [Venton Unibox HDx] Venton Unibox Hd1+ Twin Tuner Recording Problems

Skilly123
13-06-13, 00:39
Hi, I have a Venton Unibox HD1+ twin tuner with a recording issue which is on the latest vix image.

When I am recording two FTA channels at the same time everything is fine.

When I am recording two 'other' channels at the same time the box reboots/turns off :/.

When recording one of the 'other' channels the box works fine as long as I stay on the channel which is recording, if I am to for example go on to just to watch one of the 'other' channels while another is recording then the box will have the reboots/turns off problem.

I have checked it both in my house and in a friends house who just recently had a fresh sky dish installed, exact same problems there, so it cancelled out any issues due to shorts in the feeds/lnb.

I am really fed up as I have spent over £250 getting this box set up and still having problems with it, even after I sent it back to the supplier which is the forum sponsor.

I am sorry If I may have said something which isn't allowed but I am really stuck here and need help to fix this problem. Will be really happy if anyone can help me sort out my problem.

Thanks

andyblac
13-06-13, 00:42
Hi, I have a Venton Unibox HD1+ twin tuner with a recording issue which is on the latest vix image.

When I am recording two 'other' channels at the same time the box reboots/turns off :/.

When recording one of the 'other' channels the box works fine as long as I stay on the channel which is recording, if I am to for example go on to just to watch one of the 'other' channels while another is recording then the box will have the reboots/turns off problem.

I have checked it both in my house and in a friends house who just recently had a fresh sky dish installed, exact same problems there, so it cancelled out any issues due to shorts in the feeds/lnb.

I am really fed up as I have spent over £250 getting this box set up and still having problems with it, even after I sent it back to the supplier which is the forum sponsor.

I am sorry If I may have said something which isn't allowed but I am really stuck here and need help to fix this problem. Will be really happy if anyone can help me sort out my problem.

Thanks

can i have a log please, either crash log or debug log. for debug log, gotot Settings --> Logs --> Settings and enable Debug logs. and reboot. then next time it happens send me the log (as default logs are stored in /home/root/logs/

judge
13-06-13, 00:48

What do you mean by 'other' channels?
Have you a local card & cam decoding them?
If so, which channels, cam & card?
Does the box feel hot when it reboots?

Skilly123
13-06-13, 01:05

Hi thanks for your replies. I have attached the log file. The box rebooted when I was recording two channels at the same time the 'other' channels.
I don't want to go against any rules but I am using a local cam from a friend and channels which I tried for this example was Sly sports 1 hd and sly greats hd.
I am using the enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel to decode them.
Also the box does not run hot when it reboots.

Please forgive me if I say something against the rules.

Thanks

judge
13-06-13, 01:47
I am using the enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel to decode them.
Also the box does not run hot when it reboots.

Have you tried any other cams?
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/

Skilly123
13-06-13, 07:12
Ive already tried the 3 latest Ccam configurations, Which others would you recommend trying, if it helps I am using an ' N line'. Thanks

Larry-G
13-06-13, 07:58
Ive already tried the 3 latest Ccam configurations, Which others would you recommend trying, if it helps I am using an ' N line'. Thanks

we dont support card sharing on this forum, i suggest you read the rules you agreed to when you setup your account.

Skilly123
13-06-13, 14:27
Sorry about that phoenix, just really struggling with this box and needed help. I do apologise.

andyblac
13-06-13, 16:08
please send me a log that rebooted ,

my sugesstion is to clear all a logs, enable debug logs (in logs settings) reboot, and start test, then send all logs after the failed recording and reboot.

Skilly123
14-06-13, 13:17

Hi, thanks for the reply andyblac, I have attached this log but I am not too sure if I have done it right. I have deleted all log from the box, rebooted, then enabled debug logs, rebooted again and then did the recording where it rebooted and I attached this file.

andyblac
14-06-13, 14:46

Hi, thanks for the reply andyblac, I have attached this log but I am not too sure if I have done it right. I have deleted all log from the box, rebooted, then enabled debug logs, rebooted again and then did the recording where it rebooted and I attached this file.

this log contains no recordings at all, so it must be the wrong log.

Skilly123
14-06-13, 15:12
That is the only log which is shown for some odd reason. Ill be recording 2 programs and the box reboots after around 20 seconds, but for some reason when it comes back on it doesn't show in the log, unless I'm doing something wrong