PDA

View Full Version : Check tuner config error message

jim bob
12-06-13, 11:07
I just tried on my duo and after i rebooted i have lost all channels. tuners are no longer responding. I used my backup to get back on which works but as soon as i restart the box i lose my tuners again. its comlpetely stuffed! any one else had this problem?

jim bob
12-06-13, 18:26
It dosnt matter what i flash it with now, as soon as i restart box i get 'check tuner config' and lose all my sat channels.
I tried to remove the ondemand folder by ftp but this didnt help either.
Is there another file that needs removing to completely remove it?

garyblas
12-06-13, 18:37
tuners and ondemand plugin will be 2 completely separate things.
Try a complete new reflash not from backup

Larry-G
12-06-13, 19:05
as already pointed out OnDemand has nothing to do with your tuners as it gets it's programs from the internet and not via the tuners. you could even disable the tuners all together and still be able to run OnDemand without any problems.

Try a fresh flash and start again, watch what you install this time to see if the issue resurfaces.

jim bob
12-06-13, 20:31
Thats what i thought but the only change i made was the file as instructed with ftp.

I have tried the original image and a fresh vix image. As soon as i restart the problem resurfaces.

Its strange, it says check tuner config. when u go to tuner config, where it once said astra 2, 28.2e, it now says all satellites 1 (u can change this to 2,3,4,5 etc) but there are no longer any satellites listed.

When i have reflashed with fresh image all i have done is load up channels with dreamset and then a restart. When u do a reflash should it not completely erase all old files?

pooface
12-06-13, 22:57
Have moved this out of the ondemand thread, as it was taking it a little off course...

As for your problem, after doing a complete reflash, can you try not transferring your channel list, but running either a manual scan on your satellite, or running the autobouquet maker?!

My guess is that your satellites.xml file is corrupt, and as you try copying over the channel list, it cannot lock on to the satellite...

Rob van der Does
13-06-13, 05:40
Be aware that your satellites.xml should go to etc/enigma2 (assuming you use ViX).

jim bob
13-06-13, 09:26
thanks for your input. I tried a manual scan to pick up some channels after a reflash. this works.

but same problem, as soon as i restart, i lose them again. its really weird, i've never had a problem that cant be solved with a reflash.

I've tried different images, even tried a different usb stick to flash with.

what file could be staying on the box after a reflash? and why does it only resurface after a restart ?

Rob van der Does
13-06-13, 17:54
How do you restart?

jim bob
13-06-13, 18:58
hold standby, select restart. restart enigma does the same.

pooface
13-06-13, 21:37
And you have not transferred your channels over before you restart?

jim bob
13-06-13, 23:28
no i tried it with just a manual scan with same results.