PDA

View Full Version : Frozen ET9x00

BDR55014
12-06-13, 12:49
After doing a software update today , I do this every 3 or 4 days with no problems, the box will noit boot up. The only screen that shows is where it states , Xtrend The gateway for Smart Linux TV.

Any suggestion as to how I can get it to boot up?

Thanks In Advance

Tryharder
12-06-13, 14:55
I would suggest you download the latest Vix Image from downloads and re-flash the box it only takes 5mins. and saves hours of messing....

rgds. Tryharder

kunmun23
23-06-13, 12:26
Exactly the same issue here...although for me it was not a software update that caused it. Wifey said the box was stuck so she switched it off and ON and ever since its stuck....neither a force-bootloader update, nor latest ViX image flash have fixed it.

After doing a software update today , I do this every 3 or 4 days with no problems, the box will noit boot up. The only screen that shows is where it states , Xtrend The gateway for Smart Linux TV.

Any suggestion as to how I can get it to boot up?

Thanks In Advance

manikm
30-06-13, 20:29
take the HDD and any USB sticks out and see if u get the same

Stanman
30-06-13, 22:18
Guys, try flashing a different image and than if that works, flash VIX back over it.

A friend had a non booting box and flashing VIX over it did not work but installing another image and than VIX and normal service was restored.

kunmun23
01-07-13, 10:03
Guys, try flashing a different image and than if that works, flash VIX back over it.

A friend had a non booting box and flashing VIX over it did not work but installing another image and than VIX and normal service was restored.

Tried that already ...

take the HDD and any USB sticks out and see if u get the same

And this too ... :)

I contacted Xtrend Support and am sending the box to Germany for repair. In fact a couple of users have reported exactly the same issue...and are followinmg the same route...not sure if its because of the battery getting low after 2 years ??

Mr. Mister
01-07-13, 10:40
Which image have you tried buddy.. ??

Have you tried the ET9x00 official image.. ??

kunmun23
01-07-13, 11:22
Which image have you tried buddy.. ??

Have you tried the ET9x00 official image.. ??

Yes. Tried that...and it was only after that the Xtrend Support suggested I send back the box for repair.

twol
01-07-13, 12:39
Yes. Tried that...and it was only after that the Xtrend Support suggested I send back the box for repair.Can you feedback when you get the box back ... Interested in any information and the quality of support.

kunmun23
01-07-13, 12:43
Can you feedback when you get the box back ... Interested in any information and the quality of support.

Sure. From a response turnaround perspective, it has been good so far...someone else reported that they got their box back in a week working perfectly...keeping my fingers crossed..gonna ship it out today...

twol
01-07-13, 13:03
Sure. From a response turnaround perspective, it has been good so far...someone else reported that they got their box back in a week working perfectly...keeping my fingers crossed..gonna ship it out today...

Where did you find contact info... And shipping address?

kunmun23
01-07-13, 13:09
Where did you find contact info... And shipping address?

no links to other foums

Stanman
01-07-13, 20:37
http://www.comag-ag.de/engl/en_home.html

this is the site

GMTH63
02-07-13, 20:49
Hi
Same problems here so look forward to finding out your result, would be interested to know costs involved, postage there and back and fix cost, to know whether its worth sending back for repair

thanx
gmth63

Sledgehammer
04-07-13, 17:48
Same as the other people my Xtrend 9000HD box is stuck booting up on the blue snow scene and won't do anything else

white_westie
07-07-13, 11:26
I have a ClarkTech CT9000 which is also just over 2 years old - am wondering if I am heading towards a failure.:(

Just wondering what is the actual brand name of the failing box's you guys have - ClarkTech or Xtrend?

Not sure, but not long after I bought mine, I think the ClarkTech brand was taken over by Xtrend for the ETxx00 range of boxes

Have seen a number of posts about failing boxes, and it seems to be the 'Security Board' that goes.
The repair is have the board factory replaced or reprogrammed.

@kunmun23 would be great if you let us know how you get on with the repair - costs/return time/experience dealing with Comag etc:thumbsup:

Stanman
07-07-13, 13:12
The name is different but the boxes are the same, if you open it up, there is a battery just behind the card reader.