PDA

View Full Version : Quad Plug'n'Play Tuners are released.

BubbleBalls
12-06-13, 10:23
Just received a mail from GB

"Hi friend,

the DVBS2 is now available. We have in Stock. i think in the next days also your dealer.

Gigabit LAn adapter wil lake 3-4 weeks.

Thanks much "

Tapatalker

Mr. Mister
12-06-13, 11:12
Excellent news.. Now gotta place my order with WOS..

Its now gonna be THE box to own..

marty
12-06-13, 11:15
Gigabit LAn adapter wil lake 3-4 weeks.

FFS :rolleyes:

They said 2 weeks time two weeks ago, before that they said 6 weeks (that was 9 weeks ago)
I'm betting I would have owned my Quad a full year before I actually have one in my hands :p

Mr. Mister
12-06-13, 11:16
Ye take bad money for it Marty.. ??.. lol

BubbleBalls
12-06-13, 11:22
FFS :rolleyes:

They said 2 weeks time two weeks ago, before that they said 6 weeks (that was 9 weeks ago)
I'm betting I would have owned my Quad a full year before I actually have one in my hands :p

But at least you won't have 4 tuners with blank recordings!!!!!!

And maybe the mail sender accidentally put - between the 3 and the 4.

Tapatalker

marty
12-06-13, 11:35
Ye take bad money for it Marty.. ??.. lol

Na :p the box is great, its the fact they always promise stuff but don't follow though with it ;)
Great product but poor service sums it up for me.

What annoys me is the empty promises all the time.
The GBLAN doesn't really put me up nor down but it was advertised as GBLAN what I parted with my money, matter of principle here. If you bought a new car and it was advertised as having an MP3 player built in and when you took delivery it has a cassette player instead you wouldn't be too happy :fart2:
Even to this day its still advertised as having GBLAN :D
Ok so its not possible for a new kernel to "enable" the GBLAN as they said it would some months back, so they promise a GBLAN adaptor instead (which in actual fact isn't GBLAN, more like double fast Ethernet) a step in the right direction but again nothing but "its coming soon".

They then say they are releasing a new kernel (3.8.3) now don't get me wrong, the kernel we have works OK (3.3.6) its the fact they say it will be out in two days, again a couple of weeks have passed and no new kernel.

I don't expect to have new kernels and drivers every two days :p but when a company say they are going to do something then they should!!!!!!
If they can't fair enough :thumbsup: but don't make claims that you can :rolleyes:
Whoever is in charge of marketing there needs a kick up the arse :D

world-of-satellite.co.uk
12-06-13, 12:15
To let you all know we'll have the tuners in stock hopefully Friday this week.

dwarf
12-06-13, 13:06
I've been waiting on this coming, when will the tuners be on the site to place an order?

hilly
15-06-13, 15:20
Ive just ordered a tuner so hopefully plug and play means idiot proof for fitting.:)

rossi2000
15-06-13, 16:40
yes although be careful if you are putting it into slot1, you will need to bend out the back plate slightly to fit it in.
i ran into this issue although wos mentioned it when i fitted a dvb-c tuner.

dwarf
15-06-13, 20:08
I've fitted mine this morning, I had no problems with the backplate but there is a capacitor on the mainboard next to slot c which I had to bend up slightly to get the tuner to slip in or it would have fouled the capacitor. :eek:

I also couldn't get the box to recognise the 2 plug in tuners on build 679 so I upgraded to unstable build 680 which had the latest drivers built in but it still wouldn't work.

In the end I did a complete reflash of build 679 and another upgrade to unstable build 680 and it detected all tuners.

They work perfect although I think there is maybe a tiny delay if you zap to a channel using the plug in tuners. The delay might be in my head or something that will maybe be refined later as more drivers are produced.

hilly
17-06-13, 17:52
Now you both have me nervous about fitting mine which are due soon.I could be back later in week for advice .