PDA

View Full Version : New Box arrived not working

sinky50
11-06-13, 17:54
New box arrived next day delivery as promised. Read instruction and connected up and powered up. No indication on boxes display that its doing any thing but on tv i get the black start up screen saying get all your support at world of satelite. It stays on that screen, left it for 10 mins and powered down and back up still the same. Put USB stick in the back and switched on, all looks dead no signal on tv. Is this box duff?

Sinky

sinky50
11-06-13, 18:07
Switched off at wall and left for a few mins put back on and booted to wizard but still nothing on the box display!!!

sinky

shuggy
11-06-13, 18:19
are u able to configure anything sat tuner ect ?? set up

Sicilian
11-06-13, 18:24
Disconnect the power and leave off for approx an hour, then power on again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
11-06-13, 18:28
You can very easily reflash the receiver if needed by reading this tutorial. also have you tried pressing the up / down buttons on the remote ??.

Sicilian
11-06-13, 18:31
Be very carefully flashing the unit if the display is not showing. Leave it to flash a full 10 minutes if you do, but I would just totally unplug the power and leave off for an hour.

sinky50
11-06-13, 20:00
Got the box running now but still no display. left it unplugged for 30 mins.

sinky

Sicilian
11-06-13, 20:10
Leave it powered off (mains power disconnected) overnight. See if it works when powered on in the morning.

sinky50
11-06-13, 22:03
reinstalled the latest image and now display is working, it'll take a wee while to get used to but it seem faster than the VU+Duo faster to reboot better display (now that i can see it Ha Ha)

On the whole it seems to be a very good box , good value for money.

thanks all for help Sinky:)

sinky50
11-06-13, 22:05
Will the cool tv guide work on this box?

Clabs
11-06-13, 22:50
I wouldn't bother with coolepg - Vix has a better EPG already built which will do everything you need (and more).

sinky50
12-06-13, 09:47
Thanks, I'm still new to this box and have now found the Vix EPG and its very good, The display has gone on my box again and shows no life at all, can anyone recommend a fix or should I contact customer support?

Thanks Sinky

Sicilian
12-06-13, 10:16
Do exactly as follows:

1) Flash new latest bootloader HERE, (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29219-Bootloader-04-02-2013-for-Venton-Unibox-HD2-HD3) flash as a normal image, the unit will reboot automatically.
2) Re-flash the latest ViX image build 679 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Venton-Unibox-HDx/
3) Directly after finishing the startup wizard upgrade the front panel firmware
3a) Menu > Plugins > Front Panel Update.
3b) Press GREEN button to upgrade.
3c) Press BLUE button download firmware.
3d) Firmware will be download and RHS500_Micom.bin will automatically be highlighted.
3e) Press OK and wait for the window that ask to confirm YES/NO, select Yes and wait for the receiver to reboot.

If VFD is working fine, that's good. If not leave fully mains powered off for 30mins. Completely unplug from the mains. Power on, if works great. If not contact WoS shop.

sinky50
12-06-13, 11:16
Thanks for that I will try that later today as I've some work to do.

Sinky

sinky50
13-06-13, 13:47
I've done all of the above, had a bit of a problem putting the latest image back on box till I read that you have to press the up key on box after power on with Image on USB. Then image loaded fine but still the front panel is dead.

Sinky

sinky50
18-06-13, 17:51
I contacted WOS went through a few things, also found tuner A to be missing quite a few channels, The got the box picked up by UPS yesterday hope to have replacement on Wednesday, looks like good service.
Sinky

sinky50
20-06-13, 17:28
Replacement box has arrived and all working great. Stef said on checking returned box that the tuner was OK and picked up all channels.

Sinky

sinky50
29-06-13, 14:01
A. Tuner on this box started to fail on some channels Atlantic 2 and others. Found the tuner was very hot, when it cooled the Chanel tuned in OK for a few minuets then failed again. Directed a fan at the tuner and this stopped the failures. Contacted WOS and the asked me to return this tuner and they sent me out a new one with the same heat sink as tuner B. Had this running for hours now with no failures. Hopefully problem sorted. Still love the box and good service from Steve at WOS

Sinky