PDA

View Full Version : No picture problem

drx360
10-06-13, 23:20
Hi guys i am having a really strange problem ever since i reflashed my box around 2 days ago (running 679) when ever i restart enigma or reboot the picture dosnt show right away once its rebooted, everything else works fine and i can hear but its taking around 2-3 minutes for the picture to appear. any ideas what might be causing this?

Armpit1UK
11-06-13, 13:57
Mine seems to be doing the same but if I press the down button to bring up the channel list the picture appears.

drx360
11-06-13, 16:30
glad iam not the only one, your method works sometimes for me but its very hit and miss would love a permanent solution.

sgate
11-06-13, 18:57
when i get that i go into the menu and change from 1080i to 720p
and the picture will then come back

drx360
11-06-13, 20:01
not really a fix thou mate more of a pain in the arse, surely someone knows how to cure this?

abu baniaz
11-06-13, 22:37
Setup a startup channel and see if that makes a difference.

drx360
12-06-13, 11:54
Setup a startup channel and see if that makes a difference.

no improvement mate still stays black screened.

Armpit1UK
12-06-13, 13:52
Last night I downloaded the newest Vhannibal motor settings and when I re-booted the box the picture came up after a second or two without pressing the down button. I don't know if it would help you to do something similar?

gaz31
12-06-13, 13:57
This has also been happening to my tm-single for the last couple of updates.
Works fine from a cold start but get a black screen from a reboot.
I get the picture back by putting it in to standby for a second or two.

abu baniaz
12-06-13, 15:28
I also confirm issue on twin. Will post logs soon.

Rob van der Does
12-06-13, 15:34
Hi guys i am having a really strange problem ever since i reflashed my box around 2 days ago (running 679) when ever i restart enigma or reboot the picture dosnt show right away once its rebooted, everything else works fine and i can hear but its taking around 2-3 minutes for the picture to appear. any ideas what might be causing this?
Is this on FTA channels?
If on encrypted channels: what SoftCam do you use? And what build did you use before the problem occurred?

Larry-G
12-06-13, 15:46
Is this on FTA channels?
If on encrypted channels: what SoftCam do you use? And what build did you use before the problem occurred?

When I tested this for my bug report on monday I only noticed it on pay channels and not on FTA. Ill do more testing tomorow on my day off.

I only noticed this on build 679 with the latest drivers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

abu baniaz
12-06-13, 16:55
Debug logs sent, ref 1371051953.47

Currently on build 679, using the officially released drivers.
Nothing changed in Cams setup. Mgcamd 1.35a from the openvix site.

On FTA channels there is very slight delay in picture kicking in. On encrypted channels, on the logs sent, there was a period where there was video but not audio. I checked the settings and was on NAR, changed it but still no sound. Changed channel, no difference. Changed back, still the same. After a small period of time, the sound started. There was sound/video before restarting.

Mrs says she has had to restart the cam for picture to clear recently. Last night there was sound and no video, channel chanegd and both were fine. Sorry, forgot to enable debug logs after I fresh USB flashed after my PTS options were missing.

Wizard55
12-06-13, 18:14
Same issue here

drx360
12-06-13, 18:15
This is happening on any channel ive tested both FTA and paid both the same. Think the build was 675 rob where it worked flawless cant be 100% on that, but this seems to have started on 678 for me so i updated to 679 thinking maybe it would cure it but it hasnt.

forgot to say i am using cccam.

drx360
13-06-13, 15:33
any further news guys?

gaz31
13-06-13, 16:24
Just upgraded to 680 and the black screen as now been fixed on my tm-single.
Rebooted a number of times with out any problems.

gaz31
13-06-13, 17:41
Ignore above post just had a black screen after a reboot.

judge
14-06-13, 01:28
No issues like this on any of my boxes.
Are ye restoring plugins or settings from older back-ups?
If so, which builds?
If not, what start-up channels does it happen on, FTA or all?
What cams have ye enabled on strat-up?

drx360
14-06-13, 23:08
No issues like this on any of my boxes.
Are ye restoring plugins or settings from older back-ups?
If so, which builds?
If not, what start-up channels does it happen on, FTA or all?
What cams have ye enabled on strat-up?

mine was a clean reflash, happens on FTA and paid and cccam.

judge
14-06-13, 23:52
How are you generating your channel lists so & for what sats?
Do you have a start-up channel set?

drx360
15-06-13, 00:41
How are you generating your channel lists so & for what sats?
Do you have a start-up channel set?

manual and tried auto scan using just on 28.2, tried with and without startup chan, same results long black screens

abu baniaz
15-06-13, 00:53
I've tried the 20/02/2013 drivers, issue still there so rules out the 03 June ones being at fault.

For me, Channel list is Vhannibal list supllemented by a run of Lraizer's plugin. Satrtup service set to BBC One (never needed one before) and picture is shown after a momentary spell of blackness. In effect same as not having startup channel set.

judge
15-06-13, 00:56
no idea so mate, all I can say is I've never had the issue, updated 5 different boxes this week, 4 different models, all using ViX, Cccam 2.3.0 & no issues on startup of FTA or decoded channels.

Is all your cabling ok?

abu baniaz
15-06-13, 01:45
Issues reported only on TM models so far. It is not a big one as a channel change resolves it, an issue nonetheless. Rebooting receivers is not a frequent activity.

Did those logs I emailed show anything of use? Would be good if others experiencing the phenomena could send their logs in too.

judge
15-06-13, 02:17
While I'm not keen on the way TM are sending/testing new drivers for ViX, I can say that both my TM2T & TMTwin, using build 680 don't suffer these issues.
Fresh flash, AMB for Sky UK & IRE, Cccam 2.3.0 & no noticable delays on start-up viewing any channel.
Saying that, using the drivers included in build 680, the 28% loading screen is once again a pain in the ass on a fresh reboot, can take up to 5 minutes to get past it, once done watching live TV is fine. Could be a HDD check but if so, shouldn't happen every time...