PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Strange Tuner issue on Vu+Duo, box acting as single sat tuner when 2 feeds available?

banie01
10-06-13, 21:21
Having a bit of a strange issue lately with my Duo running Vix3.0.679
If I set a timer, while it will record fine the box acts as if it only has 1 sat feed available.
Now I have both Sat tuners on 4port Diseqc switches
Tuner 1: Port A: 13e. B: 19.2e, C: 28.2e D: 23.5e
Tuner 2: Port A: 9e, B: 16e, C: 28.2e, D: 4.8e
Tuner 3: Playtv DVB=T
Tuner 4: Playtv DVB-T
When a recording starts on 28.2e, I get a ''tune failed'' message when I move to a channel on a different TP.

The odd thing is that none of the other sats on the free tuner are available, for example if I'm recording on Tuner 1,
I should have 9e, 16e 28.2e and 4.8e available but when I try switch to any of these I get a ''tune failed'' message.
Yet when I have no recording in progress all sats\channels are available on both Sat tuners.
The DVB-T tuner works fine during Sat recordings, but the sat channels seem to lock out
Nothing has changed in my settings and I'm probably missing something simple.
Any ideas?
I may roll back to an old backup to see if the issue persists but it has me stumped currently.

Rob van der Does
10-06-13, 22:24
''tune failed'' means literally that. The box doesn't get a lock on the channel.
This might be an indication of a (partly) broken LNB or a faulty connector.
Best use the Satfinder for that: both on Tuner A & B see if all 'quadrants (Hi/Lo/Hor/Vert) provide a lock.

banie01
10-06-13, 22:29
I should have added that I tried satfinder and all inputs hi/lo are working fine.
Indeed when i am not recording, all inputs\channels work perfectly across both tuners.
I just reflashed an old 3.0.534 build and the issue does not occur, I can watch\record across all tuners.
Very strange

Rob van der Does
11-06-13, 06:52
Well: the problem can only be in the tuner config (check that please) or a hardware problem (cable/connector/LNB). There are no more options.

But just to be sure: does it make any difference in this area if you disconnect the USB-tuners (and restart the box)?

banie01
11-06-13, 14:10
Well: the problem can only be in the tuner config (check that please) or a hardware problem (cable/connector/LNB). There are no more options.

But just to be sure: does it make any difference in this area if you disconnect the USB-tuners (and restart the box)?

Rob, I can appreciate that logically the problem ''should'' only be in tuner config or hardware.
However, 7 LNBs are unlikely to fail at once nor are 2 4way Diseqcs and to rule that out I tested all with both a meter and swapping out the Duo for a different receiver and all worked without issue all quadrants of all LNBs with no issue and the same with Diseqc command tests, all passed without issue.
And the same result with the coax, tried different receivers all worked fine.

Tuner config is as listed in my initial post with priority set to auto, but even with priority changed to A or B, the unit will display channels from both tuners perfectly well until a timer record is started and then once again it behaves as a single tuner unit.(Behaves the same after disconnect of USB tuner and reboot too)
What stumps me is that while this behaviour is displayed regardless of settings on the .679 build when I revert to an older build (.534) the issue does not occur whatsoever.
I will try a clean install with no restore of backed up settings on the latest build this evening to see if the problem reoccurs.

But I agree with you, logic points to it being a hardware\config error but when testing shows no hardware problem and reverting to an older build eliminates the issue its a head scratcher!

Rob van der Does
11-06-13, 14:19
Yeah, I hope you have any hair left .......
Sorry I can't help you then; I can only say that I don't experience any problems in this area.

zappahey
20-06-13, 19:21
I find I get this behaviour if I've been streaming to a PC elsewhere in the house.

It's as if the tuner is not released when the streaming stops, though I haven't seen it for a while.