PDA

View Full Version : VIX will these issues ever be addressed

canthackit
09-10-10, 07:45
Hi to those that matter.

i would like to be able to use the VIX image, but before i do these issues would need to be sorted first ( sorry andy)

1. device manager still crashes my box (that's the only bug i've found)

the rest are my preferences that apply to the Gigant images which is my prefered image atm.

the text on certainly quite few of the menu's have what i can only describe as a "glistening effect" really makes it difficult for me to see.

i dont like the idea of having to push the ok button twice to bring up the ecm info.
whilst on that subject i would like the see the ecm info in one line along the bottom of the info bar (makes it easier to read)
and yet again still there's no way of displaying the ecm times (dont know why but again only Gigant does this)

so to those that matter i know i'm risking be shot down in flames, but i'd like to use the image because amongst many of the pluses it's very fast loading image and the satmate epg works well.

regards: canthackit

Sicilian
09-10-10, 07:55
Hi to those that matter.

i would like to be able to use the VIX image, but before i do these issues would need to be sorted first ( sorry andy)

1. device manager still crashes my box (that's the only bug i've found)

Have you run software updates? Have you tried re-initializing your HDD? Do you have any other USB devices attached?

the text on certainly quite few of the menu's have what i can only describe as a "glistening effect" really makes it difficult for me to see

Check your AV/TV settings.

i dont like the idea of having to push the ok button twice to bring up the ecm info.

Go to VIX menu > Skin settings and set second infobar to show only second infobar :)

whilst on that subject i would like the see the ecm info in one line along the bottom of the info bar (makes it easier to read)

We can't please everyone :)

and yet again still there's no way of displaying the ecm times (dont know why but again only Gigant does this)

There's already been many topics covering this issue.

canthackit
09-10-10, 14:35
@ The Boss

1: software update solved the device manager problem.
2: still trying to sort that one out.
3: now this is a biggee by just selecting "show info bar only" i get no ecm info at all.
4: why not? :D
5: yes i know but iwas hoping there might be a fix by now ;)
6: just about to install the driver updates.

thanks so far Boss.

satmanbasil
09-10-10, 14:58
Hi mate

3: now this is a biggee by just selecting "show info bar only" i get no ecm info at all.

Press ok twice should appear

regards
satmanbasil

pooface
09-10-10, 18:33

Obviously doing something wrong, as my skin always shows the ecm info when setting "only show second info bar"...

canthackit
10-10-10, 05:03
@ baz
please read my OP mate.

@ PF

i didn't work until i did a reboot.

@ all

nearly there, but now cross epg is crashing my box..........................OOOOOps accidently deleted crash log.

Sicilian
10-10-10, 06:23
nearly there, but now cross epg is crashing my box..........................OOOOOps accidently deleted crash log.

You need to change the crossepg settings to suit your setup, then press green to save ;)

canthackit
10-10-10, 09:40
okey dokey Boss

canthackit
10-10-10, 11:51
Boss
that's the problem i cant access cross epg, when i try to open the proggie it crashes the box.
that's from the plugin menu btw.
i cant find another path for the program indeed if there is one.

Sicilian
10-10-10, 13:56
Please post the crashlog.

mo.p
10-10-10, 15:50
Please post the crashlog.

yes m8 cross epg i get the green screen crashes it started since i did software update from softwaremanager befor software update it was working verygood

canthackit
10-10-10, 17:03
@ The Boss

as i say mate i cant post the crash log for some reason the spinner just keeps going i've waited about 10 mins and nothing happened so i gave up.

i've found another cross epg in the VIX setup that one is ok and did the job, it's the one in the plugins that's crashing the box.

also why is it that when coming out of standby the epg is missing from all sats, i'm having to select a channel then go to the required sat then upon the channel clearing it only then populates the epg, this is not on just the VIX image all of them do it.

Stanman
10-10-10, 20:05
There is a setting in the CROSSEPG menu to enable auto load on reboot, think this may resolve your problem.

pooface
10-10-10, 22:29
Boss
that's the problem i cant access cross epg, when i try to open the proggie it crashes the box.
that's from the plugin menu btw.
i cant find another path for the program indeed if there is one.

Using the crossepg from the plugin menu requires setting up the crossepg from within the vix menu...

Set all of the options within the menu -> setup -> vix -> crossepg

Then, when you run the plugin (i.e. start the crossepg download) by using the crossepg from the plugins menu (or long blue), it shouldn't crash...

canthackit
12-10-10, 18:01
ok so i've given up on cross epg.
and now using andy's ryvix. but i still have a problem even with this, is it correct that when i'm on one sat say 28.2 all othe sats epg's are blank until i swing the dish to the appropiate sat and then select a channel that i can get a listing? and even then they're not always fully popualted i ahve to click on that channel to get a listing.

i believe this to be a fault wthin the images, i cant believe i'm doing anything wrong :D

Sicilian
13-10-10, 05:32
ok so i've given up on cross epg.
and now using andy's ryvix. but i still have a problem even with this, is it correct that when i'm on one sat say 28.2 all othe sats epg's are blank until i swing the dish to the appropiate sat and then select a channel that i can get a listing? and even then they're not always fully popualted i ahve to click on that channel to get a listing.

i believe this to be a fault wthin the images, i cant believe i'm doing anything wrong :D

Did you perform a manual update of the source's that you selected?

Mine are all populated.

canthackit
13-10-10, 09:18
yes Boss regularly.

it dont always seems to do an update overnight either i've got it set for 03:00 am, it appears that the box has been booted but that's about it, nothing seems to have happened.

pooface
13-10-10, 09:25
yes Boss regularly.

it dont always seems to do an update overnight either i've got it set for 03:00 am, it appears that the box has been booted but that's about it, nothing seems to have happened.

Change the time to about 5am... Might be that rytec hasn't altered his source files by that time...

canthackit
13-10-10, 09:39
'ere are Boss

it's happened again, i was on hotbird, and checked the listings for sky.de that and everything else on the sat was blank as well , i selected sky cinema and the dish moved but nothing was listed until the channel cleared once that happened i got a full listing, and now i've just checked D+ that was also blank until i selected and cleared C+ Accion.

but i know if i now want to go back to say hotbird that will now be blank, so i have to go through the whle procedure again.

these are the sats i want listings for: 28.2E. 19.2E, 16.0E, 13.0E, 4.8E, 0.8W

canthackit
13-10-10, 15:36
i think i've sussed where it's going wrong.

i have always tried to access the epg via the channel+ button on the remote that will bring up the tv listings, but then when i press the blue button as i do to bring up all sats, i then by select say sky & arena on 19.2 as an example the listings are always then blank until i move the dish to that particular sat/channel.

i have now for the first time tried it via pressing the epg button on the remote the from the menu selected multisat i then can select the appropiate sat and gettngs listings.

thing is i still prefer the method i have always used, is there? will there? be a way to incorporate this into the image.

thanks & regards: canthackit