PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Strange MKV playback problem

IAmATeaf
09-06-13, 11:22
So watching some MKVs the other day and I noticed that audio stream 2 was being selected on playback, selecting stream 1 which was AC3 resulted in no audio. Having a play around I noticed that if the sat channel I was on had stream 2 selected then the MKV would then playback using stream 2 and if it had stream 1 then the MKV would play with stream 1 and there would be audio.

I've noticed something similar with the screen resolution, if the channel is full screen then the video playback is in full screen even though it should be widescreen. Select a widescreen channel and the playback resolution is then correct.

Is the above something that I can investigate or even fix?

shizik
09-06-13, 11:48
i have same problem with screen resolution , i found only way to fix is in A/V settings - display content as letterbox turn it to just scale , click OK , than go back again and turn it back to letterbox .
after that movie that you watch is at correct resolution.
i'm sure before build 678 display resolution was fine

IAmATeaf
09-06-13, 15:46
To me it looks like the box is using the settings of the current channel rather than the settings of the file being played. Similar sort of thing happens with AVIs.

SalteeDog
09-06-13, 17:02
I wonder is this related to AVI/MP4 playback issues some of us are having (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?29071-MP4-files-stopped-working-after-build-668&p=218512&viewfull=1#post218512)?

IAmATeaf
15-06-13, 21:56
Anybody have any thoughts or ideas on how or even if this can be fixed?

BubbleBalls
16-06-13, 06:37
Aspectratioswitch plugin solved my Duo issues. Available in feeds. Very good plugin - configure once per issue and it keeps settings for future use.

Haven't had audio issues though.

Tapatalker

IAmATeaf
16-06-13, 20:21
Aspectratioswitch plugin solved my Duo issues. Available in feeds. Very good plugin - configure once per issue and it keeps settings for future use.

Haven't had audio issues though.

Tapatalker

I'm sure I tried that plugin in an attempt to fix problems with AVI playback aspect ratios, found that it didn't help but I'll give it another go.

Rob van der Does
17-06-13, 05:53
Regarding the aspect ratio: all VU's have a driver bug in that area.
Please don't use the setting '4:3' to "JUST SCALE"; all other options should be OK.

IAmATeaf
22-06-13, 19:20
Quick update, watched some MKVs last night from USB yesterday which played fine, box was left in normal standby overnight, watching the same MKVx today and no sound and stuttering/freezing. Only a reboot of the box fixed this.

BubbleBalls
22-06-13, 19:54
Do you use cacheflush plugin? I noticed when playing such files the cache hits max.

Tapatalker

IAmATeaf
23-06-13, 13:10
Do you use cacheflush plugin? I noticed when playing such files the cache hits max.

Tapatalker

Not that I know if unless it's part of standard ViX.

BubbleBalls
23-06-13, 13:58
It's in the downloads. Not sure if it will be effective for you but you could try. It clears the cache at regular intervals (you can set the intervals) or you can open it and view current usage (from 0% to 100%) and manually clear it. It helped my Duo a lot.

Tapatalker

IAmATeaf
23-06-13, 19:43
I've just added a 64gb swap file onto the USB so will see if this has any effect.

Rob van der Does
24-06-13, 05:41
It might be an idea to flash your box. Make a backup first, so you can restore during the first install wizard.