PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] crashing after update

stevesom
08-06-13, 09:37
i am on ver3 678 since this update I am unable to download any plugins my system crashes the vix logo keeps spinning and I have to knock the box off by the switch on the back, and I cannot update via telnet on the duo I get "A background update is in progress, please wait and try in a few minutes" it looks like on the crash at the bottom of the screen like a memory error, I have only the plugins that come with vix and no others. I have no swapfile either. just tried to record and it crashes again looks like I will have to reflash to an earlier version, I also cannot upload the crash file to the website.

Larry-G
08-06-13, 09:45
we really do need those crash logs to be able to find out why and how your receiver is doing what it's doing.

also what image build did you update from ?.

Have you tried a fresh flash ??.

stevesom
08-06-13, 10:14
I got the crashlog but couldn't upload it I updated from ver3 668, I have just reflashed back to 668 and all is working fine again. I have been trying to upload the crashlog for 5 minutes but it wont upload for some reason.

Larry-G
08-06-13, 10:16
upload the crash log how exactly ?
have you tried adding it to your post as attachment ??.

stevesom
09-06-13, 09:44
I go to advanced post type my text then try to add the log file in the attachment window. Find the log file on my computer press upload then the spinning circle justs keeps spinning. Is this correct? I would like to get it uploaded even though my box is fine now. I willtry again later when im on my laptop.

ronand
09-06-13, 10:08
I was experiencing this yesterday on my uno (build 678). This morning I deleted all the files in var/lib/opkg/lists and was able to update to 679 and download from the feeds again.

psionguy
09-06-13, 14:09
I have just posted the same problem on the VU Duo general talk forum, perhaps I should have posted it here. Same problem this side, be happy to post crash log if I could find it, could anyone let me know where it is located.

Rob van der Does
09-06-13, 16:45
This problem doesn't crash the box, so there will be no crashlog.
Just delete the files as advised: that should do.

psionguy
09-06-13, 18:35
Seemed to sort it self out without deleting any files for me, tried update again and this time it worked. Now on version 679 and all working ok.

Hamram
09-06-13, 21:26
My box did also crash when I ws to set a zap-timer, but no log was created... After deleting the files mentioned over here, I will now try to do an update when my wife is finished watching TV...