PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed Please

scottmcroberts
07-06-13, 18:16
Hi all

Got a problem with my TM-2t that I hope someone can help me with. Lately after the box has been on about an hour or so, it slows down dramatically. EPG search is a no go area and I can have spinning vix for over half an hour before i just have to give in and hard reset it from rocker switch.

I believe I must have corrupt settings somewhere (probably due to the fact that I have been playing with it not stop since I got it about six weeks ago)

I think I need to do a full reflash which I am confident in doing but do not have a clue about how to setup my motorised dish settings. I use Disecq 1.2 at the moment and it works great but these settings were set up by someone else who has moved away. I have no idea where to start but was wondering is it possible to save these settings to my PC and then ftp them back into the box after I have done a reflash. If So that would be a plus.

If not is there a dummies guide to setting up Disecq 1.2. I was told by the installer not to use Usals as my dish cant go further than 0.8 West as it would hit my wall.

I am currently on build 678 Vix. Just need to do something to stop it from slowing down so much, got to the stage at times you can't even change a channel, sorry for longwinded post but hope the help is out there.

Thanks
Scott

Mr. Mister
07-06-13, 18:24
If you go to :

Menu > Set Up > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration..

You will be able to copy down all your settings from there.. Both for tuner A and tuner B..

If you put them back in again the same way as they are now before flashing.. Then all will work again..

Make sure to double check your latitude and longitude..

scottmcroberts
07-06-13, 18:31
Thanks Mr Mister, I note you mention longitude and latitude, is this not used for Usals?

Sicilian
07-06-13, 18:41
Moved to the correct section.

scottmcroberts
07-06-13, 18:46
apologies Sicilian

Mr. Mister
07-06-13, 19:39
I have never set up a TM on usuals.. But im sure that all Vix images have the same First Install Wizard..

scottmcroberts
07-06-13, 20:30
Ok, so my sat config setup at the moment is 28.2 stored in position 1 23.5 position 2 19.2 position 3 etc, usals is switched to no on all sats. Is this all I need to do? I don't need to then go into sat finder or positioner or anything like that?

Mr. Mister
07-06-13, 20:45
Does it give you your latitude and longitude.. ??

I have never set up a box storing every position.. like you have..

I always us usals ..

scottmcroberts
07-06-13, 20:52
Think I am gonna go for Usals and give it a go is there a tutorial on setting this up, I have my latitude and longitude from dishpointer, longitude is a minus which I presume means west. WHat would you do if doing a complete flash and starting from scratch. sorry to be pain but I am clueless when it comes to this side of it

Mr. Mister
07-06-13, 20:55
What would i do with what buddy.. ??

Im not sure what your asking..

scottmcroberts
07-06-13, 21:09
Sorry my good man, I was very unclear there, if you were reflashing your stb completely and not restoring settings, when the the tuner configuration option comes up.

I presume Tuner A should be Simple, Positioner, My Longitude and. Latitude. is that all i need to to enter for usals?

WHich position should my dish be on to start with?
What should I select for tuner B?

God I feel a dumba*s tonight, again apologies for all the questions

rossi2000
07-06-13, 21:12
if you want to setup usuals.

reflash your box and then setup tuner A as usals and enter your lat/long details, setup tuner b as second input from a motor lnb i think it is.

the latitude with the minus if for eg its -2.43 just enter 2.43.
thats it.

rossi2000
07-06-13, 21:14
0.8w is usually the one to test with. once youve entered your lat/long go to 0.8w on your channellist and check snr's and tweak from there.

scottmcroberts
07-06-13, 21:36
ok here we go then just about to reflash, will let you know how I get on...would be so much easier if If I could just ftp current satellite settings back in after reflash :D

scottmcroberts
07-06-13, 21:41
OK reflashing at moment, moved dish to 0.8 before i begun..........

scottmcroberts
07-06-13, 22:19
followed instructions to the letter and nothing whatsoever, have restored my backup settings back to disecq 1.2. Is there any way i can save these settings do a reflash and then put these settings back in. I feel like a muppet here and wish that the installer had showed me how to set up the motor.....

anybody any idea the file path of the satellite settings so I can save to PC, then ftp back across

abu baniaz
08-06-13, 00:33
Your dish can be pointed at any satellite when you flash the image. Your tuner B setting should match whatever hardware is connected to it. You have not mentioned what is connected to it.

I would recommend you use USALS. Yes, negative values are for those located in the West/South.

If you wish to use the settings that you were using before. The satellite positions are saved in a file called "settings" located in /etc/enigma2/ I don't know if it is advisable to paste the whole file in your image, but you can paste the lines relating to your tuners.

At a later date, you should check whether your motor has hardware limits to prevent the motor going into the wall. There is also an option to implement software limits in the positioner setup menu.

TK4|2|1
08-06-13, 07:45
I often find inexperienced installers with no experience of setting up motorised dishes will often opt for diseqc over usals, as they don't know how to set them up and can compensate by storing the sat positions individually.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

scottmcroberts
08-06-13, 10:45
due to the superb help from Mr Mister last night, got up and running with Usals. The longitude and altitude were so far out from the information online. Online it says longitude should be -4.462652, my settings are now -000.004 and latitude should be 55.606583 and best settings comes in at 084.406. Still some tweaking to do try and get 0.8 but will get there.

What's more no spinning Vix symbol after an hour and slow machine

Mr Mister - legend :thumbsup::D

rossi2000
08-06-13, 10:47
what method are you using to get your long/lat details?

TK4|2|1
08-06-13, 10:49
due to the superb help from Mr Mister last night, got up and running with Usals. The longitude and altitude were so far out from the information online. Online it says longitude should be -4.462652, my settings are now -000.004 and latitude should be 55.606583 and best settings comes in at 084.406. Still some tweaking to do try and get 0.8 but will get there.

What's more no spinning Vix symbol after an hour and slow machine

Mr Mister - legend :thumbsup::D

Which was my point exactly. Your installer didn't know how to setup using usals

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Rob van der Does
08-06-13, 11:43
....and latitude should be 55.606583 and best settings comes in at 084.406. ....
So you actually live on the North Pole :confused:

scottmcroberts
09-06-13, 18:00
any ideas why the long and lat is so far out, but usings these setting I get between 70 and 80 percent signal strength on all satellites with the exception of 4.8 and 0.8 which I don't get any signal on even although the motor turns to correct position

Rob van der Does
09-06-13, 18:13
any ideas why the long and lat is so far out, but usings these setting I get between 70 and 80 percent signal strength on all satellites with the exception of 4.8 and 0.8 which I don't get any signal on even although the motor turns to correct position
Only reason can be the dish is not aligned properly.
Is the pole exact vertical?

scottmcroberts
09-06-13, 19:42
Yes, went up on ladder earlier and certainly using a spirit level, the bracket and pole are 100%. Not that I am worried too much now as have great strength on all sats now with the exception of 4.8, 0.8. It would be nice to be able to pick up a signal on 0.8 Hopefully I will get there.