PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Unable to update vix image

shiny180
06-06-13, 17:18
I have had my vu+duo over a year now but have been experiencing crashes. I have previously had the 3.0 image on my box but for some reason when my box crashed 6 months ago I could only re install vix 2.4. I keep experiencing crashes weekly and at my wits end as to why I cannot update to the latest vix image?
At the moment box is :-
Kernel 3.1.1
Drivers 2012-02-28
Version 2.4
Build 96

Any help on this will be great, Thanks in advance. :confused::(

Larry-G
06-06-13, 17:20
so what methods have you used to update the image and are you sure it's actually a genuine unit ??

shiny180
06-06-13, 17:22
Have been using the usb full flash method with the latest bootloader. Pretty sure its a genuine box as previously had open vix 3.0 flashed. Now when i try to update to the latest vix image after restart the box just says "starting"

shiny180
06-06-13, 17:36
The vu+duo is currently all setup with vix 2.4 as per phoenix's how to guide (which is excellent, suck up). I have deleted the back up manager files and also tried to do a factory reset and start from there. The factory reset still just keeps the vix 2.4 image. Notice the box crashes when message SIDs not available (think ish) then I have to go through the process of reflashing as per the how to guide.

monkeyspunks
07-06-13, 07:35
Have you got a usb stick in?
I had this problem and it was to do with the way I formatted the stick I originally had the whole stick formatted with ext4.
But by creating a fat32 100mb partition on it first then the rest with ext4 it started perfect every time.