PDA

View Full Version : i think my box is broke help

jjp2701
08-10-10, 13:04
i have just put the vix 1.1 image of here onmy pen stick the linkbelow the nfi file, now i put my usb stick inthe front and turned the box ofatthe back and turned it back on,now it said erasing then went to programming,and stayed on programing for the last 5 mins, i dont know what to donow should ipull the usb pendrive out and try again or have i wrecked my box

grtmoby
08-10-10, 13:10
u should NOT be using the nfi link. u need the usb version which can be downloaded from here
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=1955&d=1285524176

turn off ur box,
delete everything u have on ur usb
now unzip this file, move the folder u get (vuplus) and all its content to ur usb
plug ur usb in the front usb
turn the box on
hope all will go fine

jjp2701
08-10-10, 13:38
thanks m8, i was shitting bricks a min ago thinking i broke my box, i just done exactly what you said m8, thanks ,it has done it now,and now i am scanning the sats,is it better to have network scan ticked yes when scanning,i have never had this ticked before but it seems to be picking more stuff up than normal

grtmoby
08-10-10, 13:44
well network scan sometimes gets channels that their transponders not found in satellites.xml
just might take longer to scan a sat

satmanbasil
08-10-10, 16:04
Hi mate

Why not download one of the latest setting and save yourself some time .... the guys that compile these do them on quite a regular basis and if there was any missing a quick check of some of the satellite watcher sites will have the up dates and with a editor like dreambox edit or dreamset add the extra yourself.
I was watching ITV2HD... Nick HD ....and one i think is still not on sky Disney XD HD before they come to air by adding bits to my own setting files

regards

satmanbasil

jjp2701
08-10-10, 17:04
the reason i dont download a sat list is because they never work half of the channels, so i end up manually scanning them, and my dish and lnb are perfect so its not a dish or misalignment its just that they never work,