PDA

View Full Version : Decisions decisions please advise

uknutz
05-06-13, 12:06
Hi all,

I have a 90cm motorised setup which I had installed last summer purely for the football and have been using a dm800HD clone which I got cheap for the last 12 months or so, and it has done its job. It looks like it is about to pack up to be honest so I need to replace it.

I am on a very strict budget with a max of £150 (really pushing it) but want to spend as little as possible but get as much bang for buck as I can. Due to financial constraints (salary cut in half) I have had cable removed so need to find a box with an image that the missus can get on with, a decent EPG, easy to use etc. Heard good things about VIX images but to be honest wouldnt know where to start.

Please recommend me a box and image that fits within the budget and is reasonably quick, doesnt crash all the time, and will last.

Many thanks!

josh_g
05-06-13, 12:11
As we are a Vix forum i would say the best image is VIX the EPG is spot on and usability is on par.

As for a box for around your price Range the MaxDigital XP1000 at 134.99 (with sponser discount) is a brilliant little box, i may self half one as a second box

you could also look at the Venton Unibox HD1+ a little bit out of you price range but can accommodate twin tuners i believe

Again Technomate TM-Single is a little out of your price range.. also a cracking box but is single tuner but does have know recording issues

marty
05-06-13, 12:12
MX1000 is really the best value for money, if you can afford a little bit more go for the TM-Single as if has more USB ports and can take an internal HDD :)

uknutz
05-06-13, 12:49
Thanks for taking the time to respond. So if I could stretch to £170 which box would you recommend?

Once it is in setup, and running, I don't mess with it other than to update it, so I am really looking for speed, stability, and ease of use for the missus.

Thanks again.

marty
05-06-13, 12:53
Thanks for taking the time to respond. So if I could stretch to £170 which box would you recommend?

Once it is in setup, and running, I don't mess with it other than to update it, so I am really looking for speed, stability, and ease of use for the missus.

Thanks again.

Go for the TM-Single, it has a duel core cpu too ;)

uknutz
05-06-13, 13:18
OK well just ordering a TM_Single as we speak. Hopefully its the right choice lol.

Cheers for your help.

rikksow
05-06-13, 13:50
Further to this thread I am also looking to buy a better box at the moment i have an AMiko Alien SHD8900 and want to upgrade to a twin tuner enigma 2 box that can take an internal hard drive.

My absolute maximum budget is £250.00

Have been tossing up with a Technomate TM Twin or a VU+ duo or possible a tm 2T any ideas?

uknutz
05-06-13, 13:58
Ordered the TM-Single but its out of stock, so I am having the Venton Unibox HD1+ sent instead.

Really hope its as good as the TM-SINGLE. :eek:

josh_g
05-06-13, 14:07
Ordered the TM-Single but its out of stock, so I am having the Venton Unibox HD1+ sent instead.

Really hope its as good as the TM-SINGLE. :eek:

i think the venton is better than the single tbh but dont quote me on that!!

Further to this thread I am also looking to buy a better box at the moment i have an AMiko Alien SHD8900 and want to upgrade to a twin tuner enigma 2 box that can take an internal hard drive.

My absolute maximum budget is £250.00

Have been tossing up with a Technomate TM Twin or a VU+ duo or possible a tm 2T any ideas?

i would also take a look and the venton but the midel range one. i wouldnt recomend the Duo as i have a TM-twin and find it flawless!! chose that over the duo

Mr. Mister
05-06-13, 14:08
@uknutz..

You will be happy with the Venton buddy.. I aint had one.. But getting the HD2 or HD3 in the next few days..

@rikksow

In the sponsors website.. ( ... Click Here ... (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers) )Have a look at the Venton HD2.. They supposed to be fantastic.. I cant wait to get mine.. Failing that.. You will not got wrong with a Duo..

And both well within budget..

Larry-G
05-06-13, 14:10
[QUOTE=uknutz;217636]Ordered the TM-Single but its out of stock, so I am having the Venton Unibox HD1+ sent instead.

Really hope its as good as the TM-SINGLE. [/QUOTE ]

Although I dont have the venton, on paper its specs are great for the money and well worth a look over the TM single if only for the second tuner slot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

uknutz
05-06-13, 14:27
Excellent, thanks guys. Sort of put my mind at rest!

I guess the lack of action in the Venton section of the forum was putting me off, especially as the only thread with any posts in was of a broken box :eek: