PDA

View Full Version : Convert to xvid using virtual dub?

pooface
05-06-13, 07:55
Hey guys...

So, I have loads of cartoons that I've recorded for LO, and since they are taking up space, I am wanting to convert to xvid...

I've tried a few different programs such as convertx, winavi and quite a few others, and the quality doesn't seem to come out too well...

I've got a few downloaded episodes, and they were converted with virtualdub mod as shown below...

So, looking around, I can use DGIndex to create an index, create an avs script, and import to vdubmod... But I haven't managed to get it to work. First of all, DGIndex doesn't demux the ts as it says not a valid file or something like that...

So, has anyone got a tutorial they can share?! I couldn't find anything with my quick look yesterday, but was only quick. But if someone knew how to convert to good quality, or has a guide, then I'd much appreciate it, as wanna get all these converted, but time is rare commodity at the mo, lol... Already wasted ages trying different software, hehe

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Rob van der Does
05-06-13, 12:03
Did you try 'Handbreak'?

pooface
05-06-13, 12:59
Did you try 'Handbreak'?

Does handbrake still support xvid?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
05-06-13, 13:07
Handbreak will take in just about any format but only out puts MP4 and MKV if memory serves, although you may have more luck converting one of these to your desired format rather than starting with a .TS file.

Rob van der Does
05-06-13, 14:14
When you are going to convert I would suggest to use the H264 codec. Handbrake seems to do that very well.

pooface
05-06-13, 18:32
Managed to get it sorted after lots of fiddling about...

Will convert loads of different stuff I have, and then I will create a tutorial...