PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue quad with 1 fixed dish and 1 motorised dish!

hakkers1977
04-06-13, 23:34
Gigablue quad with fixed and motorised dishes?
Hello there
I have eurobird 28e mini dish connected to tuner A and working fine, the motorised dish is connected to tuner B and is locating the satellites when I zap to them but I'm getting no anything from tunerB at all, the dish gos to the position but I can't get any signal, my motor is Super jack 38", the dish is gibertini 120cm and the positioner is Gbox2, I'm using vix3 image, dose anyone have any idea how config the tuner B to get the this to work please? And tank u.

chucknorris666
05-06-13, 10:03
In tuner setting set tuner b to positioner/simple then enter your correct long and lat for your area, if your dish is aligned correctly it shouldn't have any problem picking up other sats available

hakkers1977
05-06-13, 23:26
Hi there and tanks for the replay, I will try that and let u know.

hakkers1977
06-06-13, 01:26
No! Not working my dish is aligned correctly but usals is not working but when I use advanced settings and enter each satellite position manually matching the number on the positioner the dish gos to the write satellite but I don't get any signal also when I start recording from 28"e and zap to another channel on the same satellite I don't get any signal as well, any idea?

chucknorris666
06-06-13, 08:25
This sounds to me like either your motorised dish is not set up correctly and not picking up the satellites or there may be a problem with the wiring from box to motor.

Or even the box may have a fault in tuner b. (to rule this out) - disable tuner A in your settings and plug your sly mini dish wire into tuner b set it as simple single 28.2e and see if you get a picture if not the box may be at fault.

hakkers1977
06-06-13, 15:55
This sounds to me like either your motorised dish is not set up correctly and not picking up the satellites or there may be a problem with the wiring from box to motor.

Or even the box may have a fault in tuner b. (to rule this out) - disable tuner A in your settings and plug your sly mini dish wire into tuner b set it as simple single 28.2e and see if you get a picture if not the box may be at fault.

i can asure u that its not the dish or the motor setup, as i said conected to tuner b the motorised dish gos to the satellite position but there is no signal, as for the tuner b and mini dish its wrking fine on single i resheked everything all the cables are sound im starting to think is the image at fault here.

Rob van der Does
06-06-13, 17:36
i can asure u that its not the dish or the motor setup, as i said conected to tuner b the motorised dish gos to the satellite position but there is no signal, .....
So how do you know it does so if you have no signal :confused:

hakkers1977
06-06-13, 18:53
Set the two dishes to astra28"e and tuner setting as fixed for both of them the signal is 93% witch means that the tuners are working just fine or is it not?

Rob van der Does
06-06-13, 19:32
OK, so that means that the motorised dish is indeed not correct aligned.

chucknorris666
06-06-13, 20:07
Set the two dishes to astra28"e and tuner setting as fixed for both of them the signal is 93% witch means that the tuners are working just fine or is it not?

Is that 93% on both tuners?

Disable the tuner what has the mini dish connected and zap to the same channel you had 93% on...

chucknorris666
06-06-13, 20:10
If you get a picture zap to another sat, if you don't get a sig then the dish is not correctly aligned.

Just take the sly mini dish cable out and disable the tuner you have it plugged in to.

hakkers1977
06-06-13, 20:27
OK, so that means that the motorised dish is indeed not correct aligned.

How? When the motorised dish is on its normal set up I have no problem with channels satellites or tuners the dish go to every channel in energy satellites spot on the tun is set to advanced/use uslas-yes with proper coordinates of my location

hakkers1977
06-06-13, 20:29
If you get a picture zap to another sat, if you don't get a sig then the dish is not correctly aligned.

Just take the sly mini dish cable out and disable the tuner you have it plugged in to.
I dis that disabled the tuner, tuner b is working fine and it moves the dish too.

chucknorris666
06-06-13, 21:00
I dis that disabled the tuner, tuner b is working fine and it moves the dish too.

Ok so if the motor picks up signal on 28.2 east but when you zap to another sat say hotbird 13east or what ever you don't get a signal and this is the same for every other sat yes??

If so then the motor is indeed not aligned correctly. Astra 28.2 east is a powerful satellite so even if the dish is out it will still pick it up.

hakkers1977
06-06-13, 22:58
Ok so if the motor picks up signal on 28.2 east but when you zap to another sat say hotbird 13east or what ever you don't get a signal and this is the same for every other sat yes??

If so then the motor is indeed not aligned correctly. Astra 28.2 east is a powerful satellite so even if the dish is out it will still pick it up.

U don't understand my problem here, when I'm using my 1.2m motorised dish with twin lnb that I connect as tuner A advanced and tuner B second cable of motorised lnb A in lnb config I get every satellite in the arc and I can record one channel or two while watching another with a very good signal, but when I use my mini dish as Astra in tuner a simple single astra28"e and my motorised dish as tuner b usals with my coordinates I get nothing from that tuner and motor don't move but when I config tuner b as advanced with all satellites numbers according to my positioner when I zab to a satellite the dish gos for it but I don't get a signal and when try to record one Chanel and watch another I can only watch the Chanel I'm taping but the dish stil moves to a difirent satellite if I zap to it while I'm taping on 28"e, that's my problem getting a fixed and motorised dishes to work.

Rob van der Does
08-06-13, 11:52
U don't understand my problem here,......
Correct. But tbh: not surprising as now is the first time you give a complete story.

.... when I'm using my 1.2m motorised dish with twin lnb that I connect as tuner A advanced and tuner B second cable of motorised lnb A in lnb config I get every satellite in the arc and I can record one channel or two while watching another with a very good signal, but when I use my mini dish as Astra in tuner a simple single astra28"e and my motorised dish as tuner b usals with my coordinates I get nothing from that tuner and motor don't move .....
So it seems that tuner B is then still connected to the second cable. Of course the cable that goes to the motor should be connected to the tuner.

.......but when I config tuner b as advanced with all satellites numbers according to my positioner ...
Position numbers? I thought you were using USALS :confused:

hakkers1977
08-06-13, 21:56
Correct. But tbh: not surprising as now is the first time you give a complete story.

Sorry about that?

So it seems that tuner B is then still connected to the second cable. Of course the cable that goes to the motor should be connected to the tuner.

Yes and yes it's connected to the cable that's going to the positioner first then to the lnb, the motor is moved by the Gbox via 36v 5 wire cable

Position numbers? I thought you were using USALS :confused:

No! When chose usals I get no movement at all only when I use advanced with the sats positions that I get he dish to move to the satellites but I don't get any signal.

Btw sorry for the late replay I was very busy today tanks.

chucknorris666
10-06-13, 19:29
Ok mate now you have gave a full story, i get what you mean now`i have my motor connected to tuner A set up as advanced but still use usals, my fixed dish is set to tuner B set up as simple single 28.2e. hears some screen shots of my settings give them a try mate, i have no problem whatsoever regarding movement or signal quality :thumbsup:

chucknorris666
10-06-13, 19:36
although the advanced setting says 28.2e in the pic i have this set up for all the other sats that i am able to get in my area. so you just press left and right in satellite bit and enable/disable whatever ones you want :D

chucknorris666
10-06-13, 19:42
U don't understand my problem here, when I'm using my 1.2m motorised dish with twin lnb that I connect as tuner A advanced and tuner B second cable of motorised lnb A in lnb config I get every satellite in the arc and I can record one channel or two while watching another with a very good signal, but when I use my mini dish as Astra in tuner a simple single astra28"e and my motorised dish as tuner b usals with my coordinates I get nothing from that tuner and motor don't move but when I config tuner b as advanced with all satellites numbers according to my positioner when I zab to a satellite the dish gos for it but I don't get a signal and when try to record one Chanel and watch another I can only watch the Chanel I'm taping but the dish stil moves to a difirent satellite if I zap to it while I'm taping on 28"e, that's my problem getting a fixed and motorised dishes to work.

also as rob says when you are connecting your fixed dish to tuner a/b make sure you have the correct cable from the motor connected to the other tuner ie (from motor to box) not from lnb to box :thumbsup:

hakkers1977
10-06-13, 20:20
Ok mate now you have gave a full story, i get what you mean now`i have my motor connected to tuner A set up as advanced but still use usals, my fixed dish is set to tuner B set up as simple single 28.2e. hears some screen shots of my settings give them a try mate, i have no problem whatsoever regarding movement or signal quality :thumbsup:

Tank u very much I will try that setup later the missus is watching the soaps now.

chucknorris666
10-06-13, 20:39
I don't think it really matters which tuner you have the motor connected to as long as you have preferred tuner set to auto in menu > set up > system > customise. :)

hakkers1977
10-06-13, 22:43

One ore question? How dose it work for u when ur recording something on 28"e and want watch a match on sky Calcio 13"e? Dose not recording take priority in that case tuner A?

Rob van der Does
11-06-13, 06:51
When set to 'auto' the box will first use the tuner with the least number of satellites (i.e. the fixed dish), leaving as many satellites free for watching/recording.

chucknorris666
11-06-13, 11:27
One ore question? How dose it work for u when ur recording something on 28"e and want watch a match on sky Calcio 13"e? Dose not recording take priority in that case tuner A?

No mate I have the preferred tuner set to auto. If I'm watching something on 28e its always tuner b but if I record what I'm watching then change channel or sat etc the it will go to tuner a and the motor will move to what ever channel I zapped