PDA

View Full Version : No all channels showing

dougieduncan
04-06-13, 22:51
hi
ive set up 7 of these boxes now, set up 2 today ,first one went a like a dream 2nd one did not load all of the channels when I tried to set up at mates house, thought it was a dodgy cable so tried another box but that one worked ok
anyone know what problem could be ,signal strength is good, ive ran out of ideas

dougieduncan
05-06-13, 07:22
sorry , the other box was an old sky box ,the signal strength was good on both lnb,
took tm2t box back to mine rescanned and all channels are now showing , so it must be a cable , dish problem although old sky box states good signal ,
thought that if it had good signal with one box it would have good signal with any box

TK4|2|1
05-06-13, 08:05
Is your mates cable, that shitty shotgun cable sky use, with the thinnest of centre cores? I've had problems in the past where it doesn't make contact with the tuner properly.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

hhatkin
05-06-13, 15:19
thought that if it had good signal with one box it would have good signal with any boxThat's correct.

TK4|2|1
05-06-13, 18:30
If you are sure the dish is good, you could try making a couple of patch leads using ct100 and an F coupler to attach to the shotgun cable.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

dougieduncan
05-06-13, 19:40
thanks for the reply
yeh the dish is good cause I put sky box back in checked signal test ,both were good
i take it that it is the cable that sky use as it would have been fitted by them ,maybe try the patch leads