PDA

View Full Version : not getting update

silky
04-06-13, 22:07
Hi Guys and Gals,

Suddenly Ive stopped getting updates on my VU+DUO.

Currently im on latest image 3.0 but on 649 build, a friend of mine is on 668, when i try software update it says nothing to update.

I used to get the green circle go green but not recently?

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Mr. Mister
04-06-13, 22:09
Menu > Set Up > System > Software Update >

Make sure the top 3 options read :

Yes
Yes

silky
04-06-13, 22:16
Menu > Set Up > System > Software Update >

Make sure the top 3 options read :

Yes
Yes

Hi,

Yep just checked and top 3 are as you stated.

Ive tried to complete a manual software update but it says nothing to update?

Strange.....:confused:

pooface
04-06-13, 22:16
As Mr Mister said, it's likely due to the fact that you do not have unstable updates allowed. You don't need to change it to check every 1 hour, but this will ensure you are notified more often of updates...

The likely reason, is that we have had a few builds which could cause instability of late, but saying that, I've not had any problems that have stopped me using my box with these unstable builds...

So, you could try running an unstabled update, manually upgrade to 668 by downloading your update from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/, or wait until it becomes stable again and do an online update...

silky
04-06-13, 22:27
As Mr Mister said, it's likely due to the fact that you do not have unstable updates allowed. You don't need to change it to check every 1 hour, but this will ensure you are notified more often of updates...

The likely reason, is that we have had a few builds which could cause instability of late, but saying that, I've not had any problems that have stopped me using my box with these unstable builds...

So, you could try running an unstabled update, manually upgrade to 668 by downloading your update from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/, or wait until it becomes stable again and do an online update...

Ok Fellas,

Thanks for the responses, I will try and complete an unstable manual update after wife has finished watching something and feedback.

Cheers again.

pooface
04-06-13, 22:34
Other thing to try, is log in to telnet, and run:

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 3

This should start updating box. If it does not, then please post the results of this in telnet...