PDA

View Full Version : Suspect slow wireless (asus)

andy996tt
08-10-10, 11:54
I have the recommended Asus wireless dongle. 8/10 the picture is fine. But if I then use a wireless pc or an iphone using wifi the picture freezes and comes back after 10 seconds.
I have 10meg BB so it cant be that ?
Does anyone else have this problem

Andy:mad:

xarqi
09-10-10, 04:24
I'm quite sceptical about the ability to transmit via WiFi reliably. One or two SD streams should be no problem, but if you are sending an HD stream (or more) over two wireless hops, from the Vu+ to the access point, and from there to a PC, I'm not sure 54 Mb/s is adequate. Your broadband bandwidth doesn't enter into the equation.

Maxwell
09-10-10, 08:58
As xarqi says your BB doesn't come into it, the problem is caused by the fact that all your wireless devices are sharing the wireless bandwidth and there is basically not enough room to accommodate it all so it runs slower hence you getting breakups etc

Sicilian
10-10-10, 08:27
I've been testing the wifi a lot, imo its only really good for network access, such as installing plugins, connect to server etc...for streaming its just not fast enough. Now using another wifi device such as iphone or PC shouldn't affect it unless your using major bandwidth or downloading.