PDA

View Full Version : Instant Rewind

Bardinho
01-06-13, 23:28
Hi,
I'm willing to buy a Vu+ solo2 but I need to know about a feature before that (it's pretty expensive).
Is it possible to instantly rewind live tv? Without pausing first or watching it for some minutes before it beomes possible to rewind. I mean if I change the channel and I find, for instance, a movie that started 15 min ago, is it possible to immediatly rewind to watch it from the beguining??
I heard thit feature is possible thinks to the twin tunel. Is that really true??

bazzar1206
02-06-13, 00:12
You can set the box up so it will record from 2, 4, 5, 10, 20, 30 secs, 1 min, 2 mins or 6 mins after you have turned onto the channel.

It is not possible to rewind a film 15 minutes after it has started having just turned to the channel. How would the box know that you were going to turn to that particular channel? You'd need a tuner for each channel (forget about the transponders for now) and that means a box with over 500 tuners (depending on your channel package). I don't think any box will let you do that, unless it's streaming it from the net (ie YouView boxes)

hammyboy
02-06-13, 00:15
you can pause live tv or instantly rewind live tv according to the settings that you have decided on in the timeshift setup, i.e. start timrshift after 5 sec, 10 sec etc after zapping to that channel but i think you need to be watching that channel for this to work.
as far as i know i dont think you can change to a channel and expect to be able to rewind as i think timeshift only applies to 1 tuner.
ham
edit
sorry bazar by the time i had posted you had replied

Bardinho
02-06-13, 00:47
Thanks for the clafications.
I'm asking because I have a box from a telecommunication company that contain this feature even if it works only for few channels. I was thinking about doing the same thing so it doesn't seize a lot of space in th HDD. Thus, I don't know if this could possible by connecting to certain server or somehow else...

abu baniaz
02-06-13, 00:53
Time shift, whether instant on "continuous", does not permanently save the data. (Unless you decide to save)

Rob van der Does
02-06-13, 06:33
Be aware that the answers above relate to the ViX-image.

Larry-G
02-06-13, 07:55
Timeshift only works from the point at which you turned to the channel in question, you cant for example switch over to BBC 1 in the middle of DR Who and decide to rewind all the way back to the beginning, thats just not possible.

Bardinho
02-06-13, 13:21
Be aware that the answers above relate to the ViX-image.

Hi Rob van der Does ,
Do you mean that there is a hope it could be possible using other images like blackhole or openpli for instance. Actually, I'm not even sure what those images mean or what are the differences between all of them. I'm knew to all of this and I'm a little bit lost...

Larry-G
02-06-13, 13:29
Hi Rob van der Does ,
Do you mean that there is a hope it could be possible using other images like blackhole or openpli for instance. Actually, I'm not even sure what those images mean or what are the differences between all of them. I'm knew to all of this and I'm a little bit lost...

no image can provide you the ability to rewind Live TV when you are or have not been on that channel without recording every single channel all the time. Timeshift can only work from the time you turned to the channel in question, Robs statement about advice given here being ViX specific is because our Timeshift is highly modified and offers features unique to ViX that are not present in any other image.