PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] OnDemand crash

BubbleBalls
01-06-13, 20:08
Hi,

On build 669

Viewing ITV ondemand last night caused freeze - manual restart after about 8 mins. I then power cycled box router etc. After that ITV ondemand worked for 3 to 6 seconds then stopped. Used 3player for an hour with no issues.

Tonight I again tried ITV but this time box crashed - here's the log.

thanks guys.26244

BubbleBalls
01-06-13, 20:21
Just seen an unstable update available - doing that now.

Tapatalker

Rob van der Does
01-06-13, 20:26
That will be to build 673 then; OnDemand should be fine.
Let's hope it is.

BubbleBalls
01-06-13, 20:53
Hi Rob,

Afraid not. Just retried on 673 and another crash. Here's the log.

I have tried the same on my Duo and ITV worked fine (though that was 699). I am updating the Duo now.

thanks.

Mr. Mister
01-06-13, 20:56
What box you getting the issues with. ?

Larry-G
01-06-13, 20:58
ITV Player / OnDemand working fine here on my solo2 with ViX 673.

BubbleBalls
01-06-13, 21:05
Hi,

ON GB Quad.

I have just updated Duo and all is working properly on that. Could it be just a quad issue? or just my Quad issue:).

Kernel 3.5.1 is current for Quad?

thanks

Larry-G
01-06-13, 21:12
doubtful, try a fresh install of the image, plugin.

Mr. Mister
01-06-13, 21:22
All working fine on :

Both my quads.. and 1 solo and 1 Duo and 1 Uno..

I would do a full reflash.. with no back ups and see how that goes..

BubbleBalls
01-06-13, 21:49
Guys,

I'm getting a bit nervous here. Before pheonix and Mr Mister posted I uninstalled the ondemand plugin and restarted the box. It started fine but when I went into quickepg it froze. I left it frozen for ten mins then done a manual restart. It started OK again but the front LCD looked corrupt (horizontal lines with no menu etc). I restarted again but the LCD was still corrupt.

I then decided to use a backup image (658) but it has been stuck on "Reflash in progress" for maybe 20/30 mins now. It has never taken that long.

Anything I can do to see what the box is doing?

Rob van der Does
01-06-13, 21:52
Yes: a serial log (S232 cable and a program like Putty); that way you see exactly what the box is (not) doing.

BubbleBalls
01-06-13, 22:10
Ta,

Just googled that cable, thought I had one but no luck - can't find one. Still stuck on REFLASH IN PROGRESS - anything else I can do?

BubbleBalls
01-06-13, 22:34
Easily an hour stuck at this stage. I have no cable, obviously telnet does not work. So any ideas?

Anybody ever manually restart in this situation?

Larry-G
02-06-13, 07:27
Rather than trying to restore a backup try to flash a new image from fresh.

you can get the latest stable images from www.openvix.co.uk

BubbleBalls
02-06-13, 09:59
Hi,

I have not experienced an issue like this before. With the front LCD screen corrupt and the TV deplaying the message "Reflash in progress" I had no idea what the box was doing (or as Rob said NOT doing) and I feared I would brick it if I powered down. I left it for three hours but still nothing, so I powered off and flashed from USB (666), then online updated this morning. Restored Timers and Autotimers and Everything back to normal.

My backups were on USB so there could also have been an issue with that stick.

Thanks guys

Larry-G
02-06-13, 10:17
Hi,

I have not experienced an issue like this before. With the front LCD screen corrupt and the TV deplaying the message "Reflash in progress" I had no idea what the box was doing (or as Rob said NOT doing) and I feared I would brick it if I powered down. I left it for three hours but still nothing, so I powered off and flashed from USB (666), then online updated this morning. Restored Timers and Autotimers and Everything back to normal.

My backups were on USB so there could also have been an issue with that stick.

Thanks guys

The main thing is your back up and running and i agree it is a little terrifying when things like this happen as what can you do other than wait for a whle then bite the bullet and power it down, but thats the hobby i guess.