PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] tuner configuration

loopy123
01-06-13, 17:59
Hi guys,

I am looking for a bit of help please.
I have 2 fixed dishes, a zone 1 and a zone 2 dish. With this lovely weather I was thinking of getting the ladders out and playing with my zone 2 dish. Both dishes are pointing to 28 degrees and working perfectly, I was wanting to point my raven zone 2 dish which is in tuner B to 13 degrees (hotbird) to see what I can get free to air will this work??? I am running vix 668 auto bouquet update... I want to know how to set this up if it will work, eg tuner configuration and the best bouquet to use. Any help will be very much appreciated before I tackle the ladder.

Thanks again

Loopy

Mad Hatter
01-06-13, 18:30
Yes it will, you will need to change the sat in tuner configuration for the tuner that has 13E connected to it.

You can use ABM plugin to build the Sky Italia channel list but for other providers you may need to add manually or use an amended Vhannibal or Catseye list.

loopy123
01-06-13, 19:04
hi
Many thanks>
In the tuner config do I put A to 28 degrees and B to 13 degrees? and do I keep them both as single and simple? Then restart and put one of these bouquets on? I was going to use the sat finder on my box, will this work or is there a certain way to do things, I would like the box set up and running before I move the dish to the correct position without confusing it, if this makes any sense?
thanks again for any help, always appreciated
Loopy

abu baniaz
01-06-13, 20:05
It does not matter which goes in which so long as it matches the dish/lnb connected.

Keep single and simple.

loopy123
02-06-13, 13:10
Hi again,
Thanks again for replying I have tried this and put bouquet on and everything was okay til I did tuner config. tuner a to 28 degrees and tuner b to 13 degrees, then when I rebooted the box it didn't like it and both tuners where showing 13 degrees and would not let me change back to 28 degrees on tuner a. after an hour of messing i reflashed the box and 28 degrees came back. can you think of something I may be doing wrong, it does not seem to like me messing with the tuners at all.
Once again any help appreciated.
thanks
loopy.

abu baniaz
02-06-13, 13:15
When you change tuner config and set to a particular satellites, it asks you if you want to delte satellites that are not configured. You should say no. If you say yes, you will lose ability to select the other satellites in future. (overcome by resendind/editing sateillites.xml). Don't be too quick to press buttons as you may indadvertently say yes.

loopy123
02-06-13, 14:16
Cheers I will give a another go it a bit ! it did say something zapping back and then after that save config cheers pal

Rob van der Does
02-06-13, 15:17
When you change tuner config and set to a particular satellites, it asks you if you want to delte satellites that are not configured. You should say no. If you say yes, you will lose ability to select the other satellites in future. (overcome by resendind/editing sateillites.xml). Don't be too quick to press buttons as you may indadvertently say yes.
Nope, the satellites.xml won't be affected.
If you say 'no' the satellites will remain in the settings, albeit not-active. That means that it will be less work to re-add them to the settings.

abu baniaz
03-06-13, 10:36
Nope, the satellites.xml won't be affected.
If you say 'no' the satellites will remain in the settings, albeit not-active. That means that it will be less work to re-add them to the settings.

Thanks. Which file gets changed if you delete non configured satellites? What is the best way to re-enable the deleted ones?

Rob van der Does
03-06-13, 11:07
e.g.:
You have a.o. satellite x enabled in your settings, and the LNB y specified for it.
Next time you disable satellite x, and so 'no' to the question if you want to delete them on saving.
Them after some time you want to re-enable satellite x by assigning LNB y again; you'll notice that LNB y is still configured the way it was before.

The settings are in etc/enigma2/settings
In all cases the file satellite.xml won't be affected by changing settings.

abu baniaz
03-06-13, 11:30
He had to reflash to be able to get the 28.2 back. I deduced ( maybe incorrect) he had said "yesl" and lost 28.2E. (I've pressed yes by mistake the odd occasion.) I am asking what if you say "yes" and those satellites are no longer available.

IMO, the top answer should be "no to all", but that is for another topic.