PDA

View Full Version : Skin user questions

sigpark
01-06-13, 01:35
Good Evening or perhaps Good Morning! I have had a very good look around, but am posting in "general". Please Rob or Andy direct as appropriate.

At this time I am trying to get the "skin_user_{name of current skin}.xml" to work for me; I have even read the most recent code on https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/master/skin.py

from line 56…….

# get own skin_user_skinname.xml file, if exist
def skin_user_skinname():
name = "skin_user_" + config.skin.primary_skin.value[:config.skin.primary_skin.value.rfind('/')] + ".xml"
filename = resolveFilename(SCOPE_CONFIG, name)
if fileExists(filename):
return name
return None

..in this regard, and I am convinced that the precedence BASED ON THE VIX DEFAULT SKIN (ViX-Night-HD) and moving down - after skin.xml - is skin_user_ViX-Night-HD.xml and then skin_user.xml as saved in the folder /usr/share/enigma2.

Of course this is after skin.xml in the selected skin folder WHICH ITSELF points to CommonSkin.xml in the /ViX-Common folder.

Anyway - have tried many many combinations, and it does not seem to work for me? Easy solution to what I am trying - the blue look and feel to EPG - from post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?19993-MODIFIED-ViX-Night-HD-Skin/page3 - which PLEASE understand I have fixed for Vix 3.0.668 - i.e. works every time if I replace skin.xml in the parent skin folder. See attached skin.xml.

IMPORTANT: EPG menu setting set to Text NOT Graphic. for this effect

skin.xml is an amalgamation of original ViX-Night-HD skin.xml + CommonSkin.xml + the Blue EPG - WORKS fine but will be overwritten on update; skin_user_ViX-Night-HD.xml is the minimum I want to change - saved to /usr/share/enigma2 - BTW, I have even placed the full content of my skin.xml in the skin_user_ViX-Night-HD.xml file - NO EFFECT.

It seems I have either not got the correct content in skin_user_ViX-Night-HD.xml OR I have the name wrong OR I have saved in wrong location OR I have misunderstood the code or instructions OR maybe there is a bug?

Please help - I have tried as many permutations as I can - skin.xml replaced in the ViX-Night-HD folder WORKS; all else does not.

When investigating please focus on "GraphicalEPGPIG" section. I attach two files skin.xml that works and the "minimal" changes to the "skin_user_{name of current skin}.xml" file - I have even saved and renamed skin.xml to the skin_user_{name of current skin}.xml user file in the /usr/share/enigma2 loaction - DOES NOT WORK.

PLEASE NOTE .XML file rename to .TXT to upload.

Thanks

Two Attachments:

VU+ Solo 2
Vix 3.0.668
Vix-Night-HD

Rob van der Does
01-06-13, 05:25
Moved to here.

The skin user file must be located in etc/enigma2
That way the file will automatically be included in a settings backup.
Please move the file to the correct location and see how you go from there.

Sowa
01-06-13, 07:02
Hi.

In module SystemPlugins/ViX/MountManager.py

class VIXDevicesPanel(Screen):

def __init__(self, session):
Screen.__init__(self, session)
Screen.setTitle(self, _('Mount Manager'))
self['key_red'] = Label(' ')
self['key_green'] = Label(_('Setup Mounts'))
self['key_yellow'] = Label('Unmount')
self['key_blue'] = Label('Mount')
self['lab1'] = Label()

'key_yellow' and 'key_blue' will not be translated into other languages. Correct please.

Rob van der Does
01-06-13, 08:44
In module SystemPlugins/ViX/MountManager.py
'key_yellow' and 'key_blue' will not be translated into other languages. Correct please.
Done for next build (but for most languages this will make no difference).

Sowa
01-06-13, 10:16
I have a question: what is the 'ItemID' corresponding menu item MainMenu/Setup/ViX ?
Unfortunately could not find :confused:

sigpark
01-06-13, 10:58
Hey Rob - thanks. This was indeed the problem - worked first time in the correct location. Cheers

scwheeler
01-06-13, 11:08
Sowa - I asked Andy this question just 30 mins ago :)

Sowa
01-06-13, 16:53
Sowa - I asked Andy this question just 30 mins ago :)
Then, as a decent man, he is obliged to answer :p

sigpark
01-06-13, 19:28
Moved to here.

The skin user file must be located in etc/enigma2
That way the file will automatically be included in a settings backup.
Please move the file to the correct location and see how you go from there.

Thanks Rob for the pointer - here is the finished work now:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?19993-MODIFIED-ViX-Night-HD-Skin&p=216882#post216882

scwheeler
01-06-13, 21:13
Very nice sigpark