PDA

View Full Version : twin tuner problem

mikehunt43
30-05-13, 22:58
I've set up a twin venton hd2 box and all good. But I've connected to a twin lnb just pointing at28.2east, using 2 cables, one in each tuner.
I've tried all ways to set them up. The problem is a record say on ITV-HD and some channels work and goto tuner2 but when I say goto channel5 HD or normal sky news there 's no signal. But if I record from them it will let me watch say itvhd but not vice versa.
Any help please as it seems so strange.

abu baniaz
30-05-13, 23:06
Can you say what each tuner is set as.

mikehunt43
30-05-13, 23:10
simple single 28.2 both A and B

mikehunt43
31-05-13, 08:15
can anyone help please? thank you

Sicilian
31-05-13, 14:57
Can you post exactly what you are doing so I can try to replicate.

Exaclty what channels you are recording and watching. Also you do realise channels 5 HD and Sky news are encrypted, is your softcam running?

Sicilian
31-05-13, 15:11
Just set recording to ITV HD, switched to both C5 HD and Sky news, no issues found. I'd check your lnb/feeds/coax connectors. Also double check your tuner settings.

mikehunt43
31-05-13, 17:51
what are your turner settings please and i will copy them? both of mine are set to simple single satellite? thank you ps ive those channels chan 5 sky news etc ive just find out only pick up on turner A never on B

Sicilian
31-05-13, 18:34
Tuner setup is simple, single, 28.2 on bothers.

Tuner A will be the 1st tuner used, tuner b will only be used if you're recording another channel.

To test, switch to BBC ONE HD, press record. Then switch to ITV HD, the receiver should then switch to tuner B. If you get tuner failed check your LNB/Feeds.

I'm assuming you are using two direct feeds from at least a twin output LNB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikehunt43
31-05-13, 19:45
Yes twin output lnb. That's just the thing: on some channels you can record and watch like you said and that's on both h and v.
Just for the record: what should the s/t/c etc should be set to please.
Thank you.

Sicilian
01-06-13, 05:59
You need to check your LNB/Alignment/Feeds.