PDA

View Full Version : Issues with twinoe

thejoker
30-05-13, 20:28
Im having some issues with my technomate twin oe, cant seem to get vix flashed...ive put update folder onto memory stick but box is not recognising the memory stick, it just continues to boot to 4d image screen, ive put bootloader onto the memory stick and box recognises this ok and instructs me to power off/on. I then try vix image again but no dice...

Am I doing something incorrect, Ive read the guides here and cant see what I could be doing wrong....

Larry-G
30-05-13, 21:54
which bootloader ? did you get it from the www.openvix.co.uk site ??.

thejoker
30-05-13, 22:04
Not 100% sure what the version is, will try one in the openvix bootloaders, 07/11/12 is the latest one I presume...?

Cheers mate....

Larry-G
30-05-13, 22:07
yes use the one dated 07.11.12

abu baniaz
30-05-13, 22:35
yes use the one dated 07.11.12

It would be really appreciated if newest one was at the top.

Larry-G
30-05-13, 23:09
It would be really appreciated if newest one was at the top.

Its not needed in my opinion as the date clearly shows which is the newest one.

thejoker
31-05-13, 21:56
The bootloader worked and the image flashed ok, when I rebooted I got the openvix screen but then it just switched to 4d image. Rebooted again and same thing happened, how do I switch to vix...?

abu baniaz
31-05-13, 22:20
You most likely did not delete the update folder before transferring image to usb. This has resulted in flashing the boot loader and splash screen.

Try again after deleting from USB and transferring image downloaded.

thejoker
01-06-13, 16:29
No I have tried this, even with a different memory stick, it says found new f/w, press ok to update, I do so, it says completed, unplug usb and off/on. I do this and it reboots to vix boot screen and then the little display on box says tm v1.18t, and then goes onto 4 d image...

This is a dual boot box so maybe both images are on box and there is some way to switch to the vix image, is that correct maybe...

abu baniaz
01-06-13, 18:41
You cannot have 4d and vix on at the same time. The 2nd OS is not an E2 image and is completely different.

Which bootloader did you flash? 7/11/2012?

thejoker
01-06-13, 19:11
Yes I have put on 07/11/2012 bootloader. It was successful, i have flashed vix 3.0 668 twice and both times it boots to the vix boot screen then switches to 4d image....

Sicilian
02-06-13, 05:28
Yes I have put on 07/11/2012 bootloader. It was successful, i have flashed vix 3.0 668 twice and both times it boots to the vix boot screen then switches to 4d image....

Follow this:

1) Download your preferred image.
2) Format a USB stick FAT32 on your PC, leave the stick connected to your PC. Format your USB stick using this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool
3) Power off your receiver.
4) Extract the rar or zip file and copy the complete update folder to the root of your USB stick. Use build 668 from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-Twin-OE/&file=openvix-3.0.668-tmtwin_usb.zip
5) Now check the file stucture on your USB stick. You should have update > tmtwinoe > cfe > image flash files inside this folder.
6) Remove USB stick from PC and connect to receiver.
7) Power on the receiver, when you receive the message on your TV screen press OK on the front panel.
8) Wait for the flashing process to complete, do not power off until the complete message is on your TV screen.
9) Once complete remove the USB stick, start repeatedly pressing EXIT button on front panel and keep repeatedly pressing EXIT for 10 seconds after power on.

thejoker
02-06-13, 08:37
All sorted, missed the last step. Dont really fancy the technomate boxes that much, on ebay, going to stick with a solo 2