PDA

View Full Version : Technomate TM-2T Web interface

shaan
30-05-13, 17:58
Hi can someone please explain how to get into web interface on tm-2t.

TK4|2|1
30-05-13, 18:02
Just type the IP address of 2t into your web browser.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

shaan
30-05-13, 18:14
thanks for your reply.sorry didnt explain properly. That is what i am looking for.How to find out ip address of the box when connected to the router.
what button i have to press so it shows ip like i use to press ok button on tm-800hd after switching on and it use to give me ip address. i have tried this on tm-2t but it keeps booting.

Larry-G
30-05-13, 18:56
thanks for your reply.sorry didnt explain properly. That is what i am looking for.How to find out ip address of the box when connected to the router.
what button i have to press so it shows ip like i use to press ok button on tm-800hd after switching on and it use to give me ip address. i have tried this on tm-2t but it keeps booting.

Menu - information - network.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

shaan
30-05-13, 19:09
I have tried that and nothing happens after network. menu-information-network and it just stays on network

Larry-G
30-05-13, 19:12
Menu - setup - system - network - adapter settings.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

shaan
30-05-13, 19:24
hi mate sorry for bothering you so much but am still stuck. I have tried this as well but still box doesn't show ip

TK4|2|1
30-05-13, 19:45
Obvious question, but it is plugged into your router isn't it?

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

shaan
30-05-13, 19:54
yes it is directly plugged into router using Ethernet cable

TK4|2|1
30-05-13, 21:20
I would run the network setup wizard again, as it appears its not connected to your network correctly.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

abu baniaz
30-05-13, 22:38
What image are you using?

Have you tried pressing the "lan" button.

Larry-G
30-05-13, 23:18
What image are you using?

Have you tried pressing the "lan" button.

The lan button on the OE series receivers is mapped to open the network setup page in the ViX image.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joker78
31-05-13, 18:19
Press the LAN Button on the remote and it will show all the network settings inc ip address

joker78
31-05-13, 18:21
Hi can anyone help me i need to know how to watch my TM-2T OE remotley using my iphone i have downloaded my VU+ player but need to know what ports to open and forward on my virgin super hub Help please :eek:

abu baniaz
31-05-13, 23:07
Adapted from a post by ManikM

1. Ensure that your receiver has the same IP on your network. You can use IP reservation on your router or disable DHCP. I prefer reservation.

2. Set up/(change from default) a password for the receiver as a security measure. Web interface uses the same username (root) and password for the receiver. Don't forget that this will also change for Dreamboxedit/Dreamset etc.

To do this, telnet to the receiver and log on. Enter "passwd" to set up the password.

3.1 In the plugins menu of the receiver, open OpenWebif. Choose a HTTP port instead of the default one. e.g 1234.
3.2 Enable Http authentication.
3.3 Note down/change the streaming port. Default is 8001

Save and close. Now to test that it has been set up correctly. (Assuming IP address of receiver is 192.168.1.2) whilst on home network, using your web browser go the address of your STB. 192.168.1.2. It should fail. Now go to 192.168.1.2:1234 (1234) is the port we assigned. You should be prompted for a user name and password. This will be "root" and whatever the password we set at step 2 above. Check that it works.

4. We now need to change port forward settings on the router.
Forward port 1234 (Http port for openwebif) to 192.168.1.2 (IP address of STB)
Forward port 8001 (streaming port for openwebif) to 192.168.1.2 (IP address of STB)

5. Find out your WAN IP. This should be in the router settings or you can find it by going to What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more... You will be connecting to this IP address. As providers change these, it would be an idea to set up a dyndns or similar account.

6. Connecting to receiver from external source. For arguments sake, let us say our WAN IP is 83.14.A.435.
Using your mobile internet, go to the following web address: 83.14.A.435 (external WAN IP). This should also fail. Now go to 83.14.A.435:1234 (wan IP & port of openwebif). This should now take you to your receivers web interface.

You can use your browser to manage things or you can use Dreamdroid. If using Dreamdroid, make sure you set up both streaming and ensure that you tick "enable login". Save and close. I have created two profiles, one internal when using LAN and another external. For streaming I use MXplayer.