PDA

View Full Version : Venton Unibox HD1+ vs HD2 and HD3

Skilly123
30-05-13, 11:13
Hi just gone and ordered the Venton Unibox HD1+ Twin satellite tuner.
Brought it from world-of-satellite with VIX image installed :).

Just wanted to know since there are different models available what the actual difference is between them? Meaning the HD1+ vs HD2 and HD3 because they all seem very similar spec wise.

What I want from the box is to be able to day 7day EPG, Record one 'channel' while watching another 'channel', Auto update bouquets and be able to install a 2.5" hard drive into the box. Also by 'channels' I mean 'you know what' and hoping that this box supports it.

Sorry if I may have said anything against the forum rules, I have tried to keep it as clean as possible.

All help will be much appreciated.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
30-05-13, 12:59
Firstly thank you for your order.

All three models have the same spec CPU, nand flash and ram.

HD1+ and HD2 support upto two plug and play tuners. You can have single tuner, twin tuner or a mixture of DVB-S/S2 for Satellite or Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 for cable / Terrestrial Freeview HD.

HD3 support's upto three plug and play tuners. You can have twin tuner, triple tuner or a mixture of DVB-S/S2 for Satellite or Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 for cable / Terrestrial Freeview HD.

HD1+ Supports only 2.5" HDD.

HD2/HD3 Supports both 2.5" and 3.5" HDD (2.5" fixed to one side of internal cradle)

Main difference between the HD1+ and HD2 is the casing/chassis. Also HD2 has component video outputs, 2x Card readers and 2x CI Slots. HD1+ has 1x Card reader and 1x CI Slot.

HD3 again larger case/chassis, component outputs, 2x Card readers and 2x CI Slots and additional rear eSata port.

All three models have 3 USB ports, 2 at the rear and one on the front panel behind flap.

Skilly123
30-05-13, 13:26
Thanks for your reply :). I ordered it today, should I be receiving this box on Friday then?. Also since I am getting the Vix image installed on this box do this mean it will support all enigma 2 plugins? eg 7 day EPG and Auto update bouquets. If possible could you link me/ PM me to the right section/s to get this box up and running for my needs stated in the 1st post. Thank You

Sicilian
30-05-13, 13:33
Take a look here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23571-New-box-set-up-guide&highlight=new+box+setup and here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-ViX-image-GiGablue-Technomate-Venton-VU

dwarf
30-05-13, 16:08
I've also purchased 2 venton boxes this week an HD1 and HD2.

Will you be selling the dvb-s2 tuners separate on your site? At the moment they seem to only be available when ordering the box.

If so how much would they be?

Cheers

world-of-satellite.co.uk
01-06-13, 06:55
Will you be selling the dvb-s2 tuners separate on your site? At the moment they seem to only be available when ordering the box.

If so how much would they be?

Cheers

Yes, they will be listed soon. Purchased individually approx £25 for DVB-S/S2 and approx £35 for Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2.

dwarf
01-06-13, 10:28
Thanks Stef

Skilly123
04-06-13, 23:06
So basically I received the Venton unibox hd1+ with the latest Vix image pre-installed. Had set everything up working correctly.
Now the big problem I am having is that my box either turns off or reboots when I am trying to record. It will work for just say 2 minutes and then turn off.
I have tried my hard drive both internally and externally but still have the same problem.
The hard drive I am using is a 2.5' sata 160GB Toshiba Mk1665GSX. The thing is this hard drive is working on my computer externally and also worked on my previous box 'skybox f5' for recordings.

Is there anyone who can help me solve my problem.

Thanks

Larry-G
05-06-13, 00:56
Have you initialized the HDD from within the image ?, if not then you really should as this will format it properly for use with the image.

Skilly123
05-06-13, 01:39
hi, yes I have done all the mounting and formatting settings.Tried 2 different hard drives aswell all that happens is the box turns off after like a minute :/. I know these hard drives are working, but cant seem to figure out the problem...

Larry-G
05-06-13, 03:01
have you checked that the recording paths are actually going to the HDD ?. also if the receiver is crashing we need to see the crash logs.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
05-06-13, 06:11
Hi,

First check that you initialised the HDD correctly.

1) Menu > Setup > System > Hard Drive > Initialisation > Select your HDD, press ok and press red button to initialise.

2) Exit out of all screens and wait for two popup windows. One will say no playable media found and the second 100% complete.

3) Reboot your receiver. Hold down standby button on the remote, select restart.

4) Once booted check the HDD is mounted correctly. Blue button > ViX > Mount Manager > Check the HDD is mount to /Media/HDD

5) Finally check your recording settings. Menu > Setup > System > Recording settings, default path should be /hdd/movie

Skilly123
05-06-13, 09:37
Thanks for your reply, I had already done this before. I have done this again but again the box is still turning off. I would show you the log but it doesn't display the box just turns off. I then have to turn off and on from the back of the box for it to boot up again. I have tried two different hard drives now and I'm still having this problem.