PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Image crashes on power failure

paul083
29-05-13, 21:13
Since I'm living in an Area where electricity is an issue like in the 50's every time I have a power down my vu+duo can't boot.
All I see is the opening screen with that rotating vix logo.
I have to manually delete trough ftp the "settings" file from the enigma2 folder and reconfigure them again and again.
Last week I've made a clean and fresh install using the 3.0 ver (build 204) vix img.
Drivers 28-06.2012, kernel 3.1.1
After a few days there was a stormy weather with lots of thunders and lightnings. My receiver died at some point but he rebooted without anyproblems.
Today was again a general power failure and booting was impossible. Now I have to delete again the file and reconfigure.
It's a receiver hardware related issue or the image can't take unexpected power downs?

If I perform a restore wizard I encounter the same problem.

Rob van der Does
29-05-13, 21:24
For this reason I have a number of Uninterrupted Power Supplies for all my electronics. So on a power outage the house and surroundings are black, but TV, STB, PC, telephone etc continue their work.
Since I have this, I never had a single problem in this area.

BTW: It's not my intention to continue watching telly then (that would require rather large UPS's), but it gives me the opportunity to shut down devices properly.

Furthermore: you're using a very old build.

Larry-G
30-05-13, 05:14
Also for for the record build 204 is now considered ancient. if you really want to enjoy the ViX image in full I seriously recommend that you ditch that build and flash the very latest build ( 668 ) from www.openvix.co.uk, you really do not know what your missing by keeping your receiver on such a old image.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

paul083
30-05-13, 19:23
ok, guys, will do, thanks for your replies.