PDA

View Full Version : EPG forces box to not boot

Rimmel
28-05-13, 17:40
So I flash the ET6000 2.4 or latest 3.0 image.

Set it all up including putting a USB stick in... all good on restarts and cold/hard reboot.

Then setup the EPG as per instructions here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14373-How-to-setup-Crossepg-in-all-ViX-Images

Then hard restart box and it gets to the loading page with the ViX cursor showing for a few second and then vanishing..(loop forever)

Any ideas?

thanks

Rob van der Does
28-05-13, 17:48
What is a 'hard restart box'?

Rob van der Does
28-05-13, 17:49
What is a 'hard restart box'?

Which image do you use?

Rimmel
28-05-13, 20:16
Hard/cold restart is disconnecting from the power, as opposed to a soft restart which is a restart from software where the power stays connected.

2.4 or latest 3.0

thanks

Rob van der Does
28-05-13, 21:00
Hard/cold restart is disconnecting from the power, .....
Why would you do that?

Rimmel
28-05-13, 21:08
Why would you do that?

Seriously? Have you been drinking or something?

Many people unplug their units at night to save power, what if you should want to move the box to another room? Another house? Then there's the situation of a crash when you have to unplug the unit to get it to restart.

In this instance the box (a friends) has crashed and wont restart properly... he's brought it to me to reflash, i have reflashed but it's a bit useless as when I "unplug" it to give it him back it won't start again. Unless of course you know a way to keep it powered for the 20 minute journey to his house.

Sat here absolutely mystified............ :confused:

Rob van der Does
28-05-13, 21:10
Seriously? Have you been drinking or something?
Could we keep it decent ans serious please?
I'm trying to find out what happens, but if no help is appreciated you'd better tell me that in a normal way.

Rimmel
28-05-13, 21:18
I was being serious - I could only assume that you had been drinking by asking that question. Or could you really not envisage a box ever having to be turned off for any reason?

How is asking me why I would cold start a box is trying to find out what happens? I already told you what happens.

Larry-G
29-05-13, 05:41
I was being serious - I could only assume that you had been drinking by asking that question. Or could you really not envisage a box ever having to be turned off for any reason?

How is asking me why I would cold start a box is trying to find out what happens? I already told you what happens.

I suggest you calm your self down a bit before you reply again, rob was simply asking a question, a question that did not warrant your over the top reply or attitude. In order for us to get to the bottom of things we must ask questions if that's ok by you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

navmanl200
29-05-13, 08:09
The way the first post reads, it looks like you did the 'hard restart' as part of the process of setting up the box, not for moving it to a friends house, had you said "then moved the box back to a friends house and powered it up, and it's now stuck in a loop" might have made more sense, but the way I read it was that you had hard restarted the box as part of the setup, which is I think why Rob was asking what you had done that for !

Rob van der Does
29-05-13, 08:17
The way the first post reads, it looks like you did the 'hard restart' as part of the process of setting up the box, not for moving it to a friends house, had you said "then moved the box back to a friends house and powered it up, and it's now stuck in a loop" might have made more sense, but the way I read it was that you had hard restarted the box as part of the setup, which is I think why Rob was asking what you had done that for !
Exactly !

Rimmel
29-05-13, 10:26

Actually when setting the boxes up e.g. flashing it is suggested that you power of the box after flashing the bootloader and the main flash.

Rimmel
29-05-13, 10:29
I suggest you calm your self down a bit before you reply again, rob was simply asking a question, a question that did not warrant your over the top reply or attitude. In order for us to get to the bottom of things we must ask questions if that's ok by you.

Nah mate asking why I would want to turn the box off isn't helping at all in any way whatsoever.

Again why would asking me "why" I would hard reset a box get to the bottom of anything? I haven't got an attitude at all.

Also just got an infraction warning for my language????? It's a joke mate pure and simple.

pooface
29-05-13, 11:07
Can we please just stick to the topic you are asking about... Anymore talk about why rob asked the question, and the thread will be locked...

When performing this hard reboot, are you using the shutdown menu, and choosing deep sleep before powering the box off?!

navmanl200
29-05-13, 12:50
Glad it's not my forum, for that kind of attitude I would have banned you.... end of !! Must remember to never comment on ANY of your posts again ! :mad:

Rimmel
17-07-13, 14:12
When performing this hard reboot, are you using the shutdown menu, and choosing deep sleep before powering the box off?!

Any and all of them - tried it all ways.

Rimmel
17-07-13, 14:13
Must remember to never comment on ANY of your posts again ! :mad:

Thank Christ for small mercies.

Larry-G
17-07-13, 14:49
Guys please try to keep things civil.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2