PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Crossepg working?

corbindallas
28-05-13, 07:16
Hi is crossepg working ok at the moment or is it patchy? Just seen some other dated posts stating they are having problems with it and want to download it but not if it is unstable at the mo. Also as a side issue is this the best epg to use at present or is there a better option? Putting it on 2 boxes a DM800HDPVR and a Du+ VUO both enigma2. Thanks

s31teg
28-05-13, 09:07
ive been having an issue with it, had to do a manual refresh on both boxes the other day as loads was missing, since then it has been fine..

Larry-G
28-05-13, 10:04
CrossEPG in it self is just a plugin. that said if you put ViX on your Duo you will see the best most advanced and constantly updated EPG of any receiver there is ( just my opinion ) built rite into the image with no need to install any thing else.

Rob van der Does
28-05-13, 10:22
....if you put ViX on your Duo you will see the best most advanced and constantly updated EPG of any receiver there is ( just my opinion ) built rite into the image with no need to install any thing else.
.... provided you only use the Open-TV functionality (i.e. for UK and/or IT services)........
For XMLTV import the XMLTV importer does a far better job.

Edit: and be aware that for boxes having a limited amount of RAM the use of a swap-file is almost mandatory.

boysheff
16-06-13, 09:03
i have similar problem:mad:. when I press epg I get the know and next information on the program guide, on the to right I have the image of the station am watching and on the top left there should be information on the programme, telling you the programme is showing, however, there's nothing in there.

I've tried downloading installing etc but nothing:(. Now am trying to figure out how to get this information back :confused:. am thinking of updating from build 649 /vix image, as a last resort.

Armpit1UK
17-06-13, 14:18
Hi, I am having the same issue with Cross EPG not downloading at all. I have a TM-2T (VIX 679) using a 4GB memory stick to save the epg data. I am setting it up as per the tut but most of the time it doesn't get past the start, it allows me to cancel and go back. Other times the winter screen comes on with a song playing and it get's towards the end but then just stops with the spinner before the box re-boots! Rytec doesn't seem to be any better at the minute. Is it something I am (or not) doing? I had Rytec working fine up until a few days ago but now that's not populating anything, this also causes system re-boot whilst "parsing". The only changes I've made recently were to re-format the USB stick from FAT to EXT4 and I've downloaded the latest Vhannibal channel lists. I have a motor setup so I'm looking for 28.2, 19.2, 13 etc etc.

TK4|2|1
17-06-13, 14:58
Hi, I am having the same issue with Cross EPG not downloading at all. I have a TM-2T (VIX 679) using a 4GB memory stick to save the epg data. I am setting it up as per the tut but most of the time it doesn't get past the start, it allows me to cancel and go back. Other times the winter screen comes on with a song playing and it get's towards the end but then just stops with the spinner before the box re-boots! Rytec doesn't seem to be any better at the minute. Is it something I am (or not) doing? I had Rytec working fine up until a few days ago but now that's not populating anything, this also causes system re-boot whilst "parsing". The only changes I've made recently were to re-format the USB stick from FAT to EXT4 and I've downloaded the latest Vhannibal channel lists. I have a motor setup so I'm looking for 28.2, 19.2, 13 etc etc.

I'll take a look in the morning.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

Armpit1UK
17-06-13, 20:22
Cheers mate