PDA

View Full Version : ET9000 booting help appreciated??

theboileruk
27-05-13, 22:45
Hi All,

Hope you can help me?? I have an ET9000 which is stuck booting. Was working perfectly fine until I lent it to a friend as he was interested in getting one for himself - god knows what hes done to it?!??!

Its outside its warranty period so hope to be able to fix this myself - but will send for repair (if possible) as it is a good box and have had no other issues with it.

I have tried reloading the bootloader and reflashing several times with various different images.

But I still come back to the same stage - image looks to flash okay but then sits on booting, I leave it for ages but no change??

I'm stumped!

Took a bootlog - could one someone have a look and let me know if there is any way of saving my ET9000???

Thanks in advance !!

theboileruk

kunmun23
23-06-13, 12:24
Am having exactly the same issue. Was running the latest ViX image till last night. Wifey says it got stuck and she switched off and ON from the back switch. Ever since it is stuck on bootscreen. Tried TWO different freshly formatted pen drives, tried force-flashing the bootloader, tried flashing the latest ViX image....nothing works....
Btw, I have also opened the box and disconnected the hard drive to ensure that its not causing the issue...nothing but the HDMI connected at the back...even tried another image (ItalySat) but it just refuses to go beyond the bootscreen.

This thread has over 600 views but not a single suggestion on resolving the issue. HELP PLEASE.....!!

lost_one
23-06-13, 15:31
I have an ET9200 and mine did something similar with OpenPLI 3.0 image yesterday, it took about 6-7 minutes to restart, then I flashed VIX3.0.

When you reflash an image, is "ET9X00" or "booting" displayed on the front of the STB? Does it complete the flash? Does it say "flash completed"?

Does the STB respond to any remote buttons like "menu"?

After you flash an image, did you ftp a channel list to your box? If you don't have a valid channel list or do a scan, it will say "booting" on the front of the STB forever.

Are you using only 1 sat or more? Can you even check tuner config?

kunmun23
23-06-13, 22:28
It gets stuck at "Xtrend the gateway for Smart Linux TV" i.e. the bootloader bootsplash...

When you reflash an image, is "ET9X00" or "booting" displayed on the front of the STB?
It displays "booting ..."

Does it complete the flash?
Yes

Does it say "flash completed"?
Yes

Does the STB respond to any remote buttons like "menu"?
Nope

After you flash an image, did you ftp a channel list to your box? If you don't have a valid channel list or do a scan, it will say "booting" on the front of the STB forever.

I don't think its even getting to that stage i.e. it doesn't boot into the image...I've been using the ViX images for 2yrs and know the sequence..it should go from Xtrend splashscreen (i.e. bootstrapping) to second stage "OpenVix" splashscreen i.e. the booting of the ViX image..that second stage doesn't seem to be happening.

Are you using only 1 sat or more? Can you even check tuner config?
Right now, I've unplugged everything including the internal hard drive, only connected to TV via HDMI....I can't get to tuner config because it is stuck at booting.

kunmun23
24-06-13, 08:05
Help anyone ?? :confused:

Am I sitting with a dead box? Do I need to send it in for service/repair? Where ??

twol
24-06-13, 09:18
Help anyone ?? :confused:

Am I sitting with a dead box? Do I need to send it in for service/repair? Where ??

Both my boxes (9200, 5000) are working fine, but....... The ET drivers were screwed up recently and "perhaps" still not right on your box, so try a VIX image from May and see if there is any difference

Rob van der Does
24-06-13, 16:21
Both my boxes (9200, 5000) are working fine, but....... The ET drivers were screwed up recently and "perhaps" still not right on your box, so try a VIX image from May and see if there is any difference
No need: all ET-drivers in build 683 are fine.

kunmun23
24-06-13, 16:29
Reading on the Xtrend support forum, it seems like other users have faced this issue...and most of them were out of warranty...I'm wondering is there a trend to it...the battery getting low after 2 years? Or the flash memory getting corrupted...mine is about 2yrs old...though I haven't "flashed" that many images...with ViX images I don't have to !!:thumbsup:

Still searching for a solution. :(

Rob van der Does
24-06-13, 17:01
Actually there seem to be quite a number of ET's with a faulty security board. Only way to fix that is to return it to the retailer/importer (if spare parts are still available).

kunmun23
24-06-13, 17:31
Hmm..thanks for the info...this faulty security board Would it cause this issue after 2 years of use with barely any issues?

Rob van der Does
24-06-13, 17:53
Not sure; I've heard of (almost) new boxes suffering from this issue.

kunmun23
01-08-13, 21:02
Latest update : Had sent the box to Germany as advised by the Xtrend support...cost me 26 quid unrecorded/untracked...recorded would have cost 50 and I wasn't even sure if the box would be repaired....

Didn't get any communication from Xtrend about receipt of the box despite a few follow up emails...what I received instead (in about 2 weeks) was my box back..completely fixed and flashed with the latest Xtrend Alliance image...working brilliantly though it still hasn't recognized my HD that I had removed before shipping....may flash back ViX over the weekend and see if that helps.

Btw, what I observed while putting my internal HD back in the box was :

a. The battery had been changed..the earlier one had a glue seal to prevent removal..the new one has a yellow ring all around..so its definitely been changed...
b. The MAC address had been changed...my router used to assign a static IP to the box by recognizing its MAC address...so I'm certain that the MAC address has been changed...

All in all, I'm a happy camper and would definitely recommend Xtrend to anyone and everyone !!:thumbsup:

GMTH63
23-08-13, 19:59
Hi
Sent my et9000 to Comag on Wednesday 21st, received by them in Germany today 23rd, cost £25(tracked) to send.
Will update when something more happens.

gmth63

GMTH63
27-08-13, 16:54
Hi
Received an email from Comag saying "It was not one problem with „security board“ and his battery. Main board is defective and can not boot with service security board too. It is problem with main board and repairing cost are about 65,-€!", Have asked them to repair it, so will update again soon.

gmth63

GMTH63
15-09-13, 16:20
Hi

Received it back all in good working order with latest openatv image, and an invoice for 77 euros which includes postage. They trust that you will send the money for
repair, to be paid by bank transfer.
Have since reflashed to VIX image and all working fine.
So from sending off to receiving back too about 2-3 weeks.
All in all good service.

gmth63