PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Timeshift setup

seame
27-05-13, 20:46
Can anyone tell me how to setup the amount of time/space to allocate to TS?

Recently TS has stopped working and it seems the only way to get it started again is a reboot. I have always had TS running on a 4gb usb with 30 minutes max recording but I don't seem to have the option to change these values with build 668. Does anyone know what the default settings are? and is there a way to change them?

Thanks in advance for any info.

andyblac
27-05-13, 20:59
Can anyone tell me how to setup the amount of time/space to allocate to TS?

Recently TS has stopped working and it seems the only way to get it started again is a reboot. I have always had TS running on a 4gb usb with 30 minutes max recording but I don't seem to have the option to change these values with build 668. Does anyone know what the default settings are? and is there a way to change them?

Thanks in advance for any info.

those settings have been removed, as i thought they are not really that useful, for proper timeshift and broke most the features of TS, like event skipping and saving.

seame
27-05-13, 21:22
I've never noticed any problems while using TS with these settings.

Is there a max length of time that timeshift will record? I use a 4gb usb for TS which isn't very long when watching a HD channel, maybe with no limit set, timeshift is stopping when the disk is full?

andyblac
28-05-13, 08:47
I've never noticed any problems while using TS with these settings.

Is there a max length of time that timeshift will record? I use a 4gb usb for TS which isn't very long when watching a HD channel, maybe with no limit set, timeshift is stopping when the disk is full?

not tested, tbh i don't see the point of using TS on such a small device.

seame
28-05-13, 12:57
The reason I have it on a usb is because I would only ever use it for a short duration like answering the phone or making a cuppa. I've never used it for rewinding or pausing for more than 10-15 minutes.

I've established that it stops working when viewing one channel for about an hour or so, is there no way to set any limits?