PDA

View Full Version : ViX Autobouquets + DBedit

Mikeysauce
27-05-13, 12:59
Hello, When I import from the autobouquets generated files into DBedit, make any changes and then send the bouqets back to the box, the list is full of things like below

1 <n/a>
2 <n/a>
2 <n/a>

etc etc

I understand the reasoning, it's because those are generating blank channel numbers so you get 101 as channel 1 etc. However the autobouquets plugin on the image has these invisible, any ideas how I can do that?

Rob van der Does
28-05-13, 11:03
You can use the editor SetEditDream that doesn't have these issues. See

www.setedit.de

Mikeysauce
28-05-13, 16:34
Thanks for the suggestion, I take it there's no way to do it at all in DBedit though as setedit appears to be a paid program

Rob van der Does
28-05-13, 16:52
It's not expensive. And has options no other editor has.

yana
27-06-13, 23:29
It's not expensive. And has options no other editor has.

had started my own thread with this problem using dbedit. had searched the forum but couldn't find any other posts.
not mind paying for a good editor. anybody using this editor. and is it as straightforward as dbedit?
many thanks

BubbleBalls
28-06-13, 00:07
If you use ABM, then FTP to PC, edit, FTP back to STB, then ABM auto updates do you not have ABM again?

Tapatalker

yana
28-06-13, 00:29
[QUOTE=BubbleBalls;221984]If you use ABM, then FTP to PC, edit, FTP back to STB, then ABM auto updates do you not have ABM again?
hi many thanks for the reply
I have abm setup to update during the night. so if I first upload some of my own favourites into the stb I only see my own obviously. then after the abm rescan it puts n/a on the bouquets which I had deleted in the past. so I get my abm bouquets fine along with my own with in between n/a, so it'd them I would like to delete

BubbleBalls
28-06-13, 00:43
ABM was designed to mimic S (I believe). I think it's designed to mirror a S box. S don't allow personalisation. It's a brilliant plugin but you can't DBE. There are variations you use but the ultimate? - create your own bouquets that auto update?

Tapatalker

twol
28-06-13, 07:08
had started my own thread with this problem using dbedit. had searched the forum but couldn't find any other posts.
not mind paying for a good editor. anybody using this editor. and is it as straightforward as dbedit?
many thanks
No it,s not:)

yana
28-06-13, 12:16
ABM was designed to mimic S (I believe). I think it's designed to mirror a S box. S don't allow personalisation. It's a brilliant plugin but you can't DBE. There are variations you use but the ultimate? - create your own bouquets that auto update?

many thanks for reply
totally get what you mean hoped that i could get best of both worlds. personally i think abm is an excellent plugin. but i also watch a lot of dutch and german channels. vhannibal and hans settings i think are both good to. so hence the combination of abm and manual 19.2/23.5 bouquets. just want to tidy up the favourites lists without the n/a then it would be perfect

yana
28-06-13, 12:25
No it,s not:)

thats a pity dilemma whether i should invest or not can you or anybody else think of a different solution?

twol
28-06-13, 12:33
thats a pity dilemma whether i should invest or not can you or anybody else think of a different solution?
I believe there is a demo version so try it. Its a while since i used the package which does support most receivers

yana
28-06-13, 12:53
many thanks good idea

Rob van der Does
28-06-13, 14:34
many thanks

DBEDIT isn't straight forward either...
Yes: SetEdit has a lot of options no other editor has. You really should try it: in Demo it is fully functional, but can only save up to 20 changed channels.
It's really a pity hardly anybody wants to pay for an excellent piece of software; that's the only reason you find so much info on DBEdit & DreamSet.

yana
28-06-13, 14:53
thanks rob,
i will definitely try it and will report back

twol
28-06-13, 15:56
DBEDIT isn't straight forward either...
Yes: SetEdit has a lot of options no other editor has. You really should try it: in Demo it is fully functional, but can only save up to 20 changed channels.
It's really a pity hardly anybody wants to pay for an excellent piece of software; that's the only reason you find so much info on DBEdit & DreamSet.

I have to admit, I am biased by my use on different boxes over the last 4 years (yes, I paid for a license:) ) which is why I suggested a trial. I totally agree that it is a very comprehensive piece of software, covering a huge array of receivers, but sometimes its software implementation can be a pain in the ***** :)

yana
28-06-13, 16:11
appreciate your honesty i realise nothing can be completely perfect. happy if i can get rid of <n/a> in my favourites.

abu baniaz
29-06-13, 07:17
Why not edit cats eye/ vhannibal list and send to receiver. Then run ABM/AB.

yana
29-06-13, 08:36
Why not edit cats eye/ vhannibal list and send to receiver. Then run ABM/AB.

many thanks for your reply. This is what i was doing vhannibal motor edit in dbedit. then send to box which is what i would like for bouquets 19/23. All good no problems then i run abm which is a fantastic plugin and i get all the listings i would like, but also <n/a>'s of previously deleted bouquets.
i thought it might have to do with the fact that abm allows you to 'keep bouquets' ( thats the setting i used) ?? after you have ran the scan and its them despite being manually deleted which are coming back time after time.

abu baniaz
29-06-13, 14:44
Sorry, I meant to say, leave the ABM/AB bouquets as they are without any changes. Didn't realise that you wanted to edit te AB/ABM bouquets too.

If you want to hide complete bouquets, this is possible, but you will lose the numbering on AB created ones (not too sure about ABM). There is a hide section feature on ABM, and a "hack" on AB.

The process would be:
Download settings from net, edit with editor, transfer to receiver, run ABM/AB. You get the customised Vhannibal/Catseye settings plus teh automated AB/ABM ones at the top.

yana
30-06-13, 08:50
Sorry, I meant to say, leave the ABM/AB bouquets as they are without any changes. Didn't realise that you wanted to edit te AB/ABM bouquets too.

If you want to hide complete bouquets, this is possible, but you will lose the numbering on AB created ones (not too sure about ABM). There is a hide section feature on ABM, and a "hack" on AB.

The process would be:
Download settings from net, edit with editor, transfer to receiver, run ABM/AB. You get the customised Vhannibal/Catseye settings plus teh automated AB/ABM ones at the top.

many thanks for you answer
the method you describe is what i have been doing. the n/a bouquets do appear on the same place as previous deleted bouquets.
i make desired changes to vhannibal bouquets. ftp the box. in favourites i get the desired list with no n/a's.then i run abm which as you say puts the requested files above my other bouquets which is fine.
on top of that it places <n/a> bouquets on the exact location where i previously had deleted some custom made bouquets only. if i manually delete them they are away until i run a next abm scan.

yana
01-07-13, 12:06
You can use the editor SetEditDream that doesn't have these issues. See

www.setedit.de

Hi Rob,

Seteditdream is working fine and took n/a's bouquets away. I now have abm running for 28.2 and use vhannibal for 19.2 and 23.5.
working a treat. many thanks for your advice

captain jack
14-10-13, 09:46
Sorry to dig up an old thread but Setedit just gets stuck on "Preparing communication". Been like that for 10 minutes now..... and have to kill it from task manager. The settings are all correct as DBEdit and DreamSet work fine.

Not something I'd expect from a paid software.

Rob van der Does
14-10-13, 10:58
Well, that must be your SetEdit configuration not being setup properly: I just tested it here and it works fine as ever (as I would expect from paid software :p ).

And I'm not sure why you compare that with the settings of other software :confused:
They are obviously not related.