PDA

View Full Version : is this a good box

hawaythelad
26-05-13, 19:31
how dose this box compare to a gigablue, vuo, technomate. I am looking for a box for my dad & stepdad, so it is a twin tuner with ingima 2 on it, has anyone had any problems with them.

Larry-G
26-05-13, 20:21
From what i have been told its faster than the Vu,s including the ultimo but barring the solo2 of course, has none of the TM's driver issues and comes with a new redesigned remote control.

These look to be the next big things in the E2 market for price and reliability.

Sicilian
26-05-13, 22:25
how dose this box compare to a gigablue, vuo, technomate. I am looking for a box for my dad & stepdad, so it is a twin tuner with ingima 2 on it, has anyone had any problems with them.

You wont be disappointed, been testing the whole range for a few weeks now. Excellent performance and stable. Very good driver and image support. Great quality piece of kit and unbeatable prices.

Slowhand
27-05-13, 13:39
I use this Box since two weeks. I'm happy to have it. Much better/faster (for me) than my older Dreamboxes (800HD and 8000HD)
Regards Slow

Sorry for my bad english :(

hawaythelad
04-07-13, 21:10
cheers for the advice lads

sublimecantona
11-07-13, 14:56
amazing box - im glad i got this - you wont be disappointed.

reeves1985
11-07-13, 15:03
Same here another happy venton customer

Have a dn800se and its not in the same league as this!!

Only issue I have had is with itv player not playing program's for more than 2 minutes but its a 3rd party plugin developed for free so obviously it's nothing to do with the receiver itself

Would recommend to anybody

Once setup vary easy to navigate and use (vix image)

scooterbuk
10-08-13, 14:15
what Images are out there for this box, was looking to get one now I have sold my Alien 2, so far I have found vix, openATV and Egami. Also whats the main difference between the HD1 and HD2, cheers

bobobalde
11-08-13, 08:09
The HD1 has as many tuner slots but less card slots and also (this will be the most nontechnical thing ever said) it doesn't have all the inputs/outputs on the rear that the HD2 has (Think they are rgb and maybe digital audio) - sure someone else can explain what they are for though. Plus the HD2 looks alot nicer ( does that count :p )

Larry-G
11-08-13, 08:43
what Images are out there for this box, was looking to get one now I have sold my Alien 2, so far I have found vix, openATV and Egami. Also whats the main difference between the HD1 and HD2, cheers

sifteam ( a member of the OE-Alliance ) also provide a image for the Venton HDx range as well as other OE-Alliance member teams.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28638-SIF-TeAm-Opensif-Enigma2-Jackal-Ventonhdx-13-4-2013

Lstof
22-08-13, 21:13
This box is awesome, I got a Technomate tm-2t oe box about 4 month ago and had some serious problems with the recording issues. Which is a shame because the box looks great. I was a bit apprehensive in getting another box, but I'm so glad i did, the Venton unibox HD2 I purchased from World of Satellite was simple to set up and works great. No recording issues whats so ever. I've already recommended to a few friends.

bobobalde
26-08-13, 10:48
I set this box up for my old man, had a chance to play around with it yesterday for the first time properly - got to say I am very impressed, boot time is decent, picture is great, got tsmedia set up which is a big bonus - like it that much i am considering getting one myself!

Only issue i could notice was that when you boot it up out of deep stanby, the front LCD shows the channel you are watching, but the picture is just the Vix splash screen, but if you then go to another channel everything is fine. So its nothing major.

doeflax
26-08-13, 13:39
Can someone tell us which box we are comparing please ??

Larry-G
29-08-13, 01:44
Can someone tell us which box we are comparing please ??

This thread is about the Venton Unobox HD2.

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Venton-Unibox-HD2-single-tuner-satellite-dvb-s-s2?filter_name=hd2

msuk
30-08-13, 15:38
Hi,

does this box output 1080p and 3D?

Thanks
msuk

Larry-G
30-08-13, 16:10
Hi,

Thanks
msuk

Not sure about 1080p but then again no channels broadcast in this format, 3D however is a yes all E2 ( broadcom ) based boxes are 3D compliant.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sicilian
30-08-13, 17:18
Hi,

Thanks
msuk

They support 1080i and 3D.

Lstof
30-08-13, 18:15
definitely supports 3d and 1080i, even sky uk on official skyHD box doesn't have 1080p channels. I can confirm the picture looks great in HD on the Venton unibox HD2