PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Connecting to ad-hoc WiFi network

guff daddy
26-05-13, 16:17
Hi - trying to connect my Vu+ Duo to an ad-hoc network (tethered Android phone) via WiFi.
The WiFi is working OK - works fine when connected to my AP at home.
During network configuration I can see a list of wifi networks and the one I want is listed but when I connect it just doesn't get any connection.

pooface
26-05-13, 18:46
Maybe it's blocked by your cellular provider?

Haven't tried running an e2 box via cellular, but had no problems getting Xbox live running a while back... Are you sure that connection via your mobile phone tethering works on a normal pc correctly? Can you access the site? Does it get an IP address address correctly on the box when tethering?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

guff daddy
26-05-13, 21:08
Maybe it's blocked by your cellular provider?

Haven't tried running an e2 box via cellular, but had no problems getting Xbox live running a while back... Are you sure that connection via your mobile phone tethering works on a normal pc correctly? Can you access the site? Does it get an IP address address correctly on the box when tethering?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can connect from my PC (Windows 7) and a laptop (Xubuntu) and everything works fine - IP addressing etc. It's just not connecting at all from the E2 box.

The phone (Samsung Apollo) can only provide a wifi hotspot via third-party apps and AFAIK this is only ad-hoc - later models have WiFi Hotspot functionality built in and can provide an Infrastructure AP.

Having read up on this I believe that some judicious editing of the wpa_supplicant.conf file can be used to fool the box into thinking it's accessing an Infrastructure AP - but I'm not sure what changes to make or whether it will work.