PDA

View Full Version : Samba error msg

clem58
26-05-13, 00:07
I am trying to figure out how to stream from my lappy to my vu+ , i have the latest vix image, each time i try to open samba i get an error msg. can this be resolved? if so i would like to sort this problem then move to other issues surrounding streaming.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Larry-G
26-05-13, 05:25
we would need to know what the error message is first.

pooface
26-05-13, 08:20
As Phoenix said, please let us know what the error message says. As default, samba is not installed, so when you open the menu, it should ask if you want to install. If feeds are unstable, you will need to allow unstable updates to install...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

garyblas
26-05-13, 10:46
what does samba do? I send stuff from my pc/laptop to duo box using a cifs share, works perfectly

pooface
26-05-13, 15:42
what does samba do? I send stuff from my pc/laptop to duo box using a cifs share, works perfectly

Iirc, it allows your box to be read from Windows. I.e. go to network neighborhood, and your box will appear as a machine it can browse the contents of...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

clem58
26-05-13, 23:31
I tried to connect again to-day without success. I have even tried cifs share like garyblas said and i still can't link up. when i first attempted streaming i was using a hp laptop, this time i have a new laptop and i still can't connect. I have no idea what I'm missing. The ip address is static, though i now have one question, what ip address goes where, i just not sure anymore. I installed stream plugins to-day , no luck. This is doin my nut in. I like to think I'm like most folk whenever i try to learn something new i keep trying until i succeed , but this has been going on for mths. The box isn't a clone it genuine off of W.O.S . Is it possible to get a step by step guide that includes what should be in place before i start?

Thanks guys for trying to help me sort this out. Appreciated

clem58
05-06-13, 23:15
It seems the samba error was due to the skin I was usin. Its up and running again, after the box lost its channels a week ago.I will try to stream later in the wk to see if it works this time.

Thanks guys for your support.:thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
06-06-13, 05:28
It seems the samba error was due to the skin I was using.
Which skin was that?