PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Remote was working on 4D but not on OpenVix

stilts
24-05-13, 19:22
Hi Everyone,

New to this so forgive me if I've missed something obvious. I recently purchased a Technomate TM-Twin, it came shipped with a image by 4D which has been working fine.

I backed it up and have attempted to installed the latest OpenVix image on it, successfully flashed the boot loader, then the image, however, my remote does not work with this image/Vix.

I can get everything pretty much back as going through the OpenVix config menus it detects my backup which I can restore, and hey presto, my 4D image returns.

With respect to the remote, it works properly again upon restore to 4D, during the OpenVix config though pressing on the remote shows no corresponding light/blink on the Technomate VFD.

Any help would by much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stilts

Larry-G
24-05-13, 21:09
I have never tried the 4d image but the remotes on my twin and 2t work fine with ViX, make sure you press the stb button on the top of the remote so its in the correct mode.

stilts
19-09-13, 18:41
Hi pheonix,

Still never got a Vix image to work, just tried flashing with the latest image (3.0.740) and I get the same problem, the remote doesn't respond.

I had a similar issue when flashing with the latest 4D image, however, on the first setup wizard screen where you select the input type (HDMI etc) if I select the 'menu' button on the receiver unit itself it toggled between various remote codes, this doesn't seem to do anything when trying to flash with Vix, therefore I'm still a little stuck.

I can easily get back to the 4D image, however, I wanted to give Vix a try.

Any more suggestions (thanks in advance)?

Larry-G
20-09-13, 12:21
I have Three TM OE receivers all using ViX and no problems with the remotes. Make sure you have pressed the STB button on the remote and maybe even check the batteries.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

stilts
20-09-13, 13:52
Hi Pheonix,

Many thanks again for your response, appreciated!

It's def not a remote/battery problem as I can easily re-flash the box with the 4D image and all is okay.

The only thing I've spotted just today from this site is regarding pressing the 'EXIT' button for 10 seconds after restoring power to the box upon the unit being flashed with Vix, this is something I have NOT done previously but wanted to ask if you know why this step is so important (this could be the reason why it's not working, do you know what this step of upgrading does?

Many Thanks!

abu baniaz
20-09-13, 15:18
The pressing of the EXIT button after flashing is supposed to partition the internal memory.

There were a few issues with remotes on the VIX image as you describe in the early days. However, this is the first time I have seen someone mention the remote selection being displayed onscreen. I had to see it for myself so I flashed the 4D image. You are right. There is that option on the 4D image but not on Vix. I did not swap bootloaders.

Could you take a picture of the top part of your remote and upload it? Can you also confirm what setting you have receiver on so that you can use remote on the 4D image?

stilts
21-09-13, 18:07
Hi Abu Baniaz,

Thanks for your reply, apologies for the delay my broadband has been out of action. I can confirm that when flashing my TM-Twin with the 4D image the correct remote setting I select from the wizard is the 'TM-2T'.

I'm not sure what images you wanted of the remote but hope these help?

Cheers, stilts!

abu baniaz
21-09-13, 19:13
OK, looks like they have programmed remote incorrectly as deduced by you having to use the 2T settings even on the 4D image. You will have to get in touch with your seller. You can use universal remote for time being.

The label inside my remote shows:
ep11-47,48,49,50,51

There was a way of programming the remote to use on different receivers. Can't access that information I am afraid.

abu baniaz
21-09-13, 19:25
I have sent Richard a text asking for remote programming codes. Hopefully he will provide the information.

stilts
23-09-13, 09:46
Thanks!

I've emailed Technomate support too to ask about this as I purchased the unit direct from them. I'll let you know their response once they get back to me.

abu baniaz
23-09-13, 10:01
Best to phone them too. Emails sometimes get overlooked.

Their customer service is normally very good.

stilts
24-09-13, 10:38
I have managed to find various TM receiver RCU codes, however, I'm not sure how to program the remote (is it a similar procedure to that of programming with a TV RCU code)?

abu baniaz
24-09-13, 11:01
Here is the manual. Page 10 has the programming steps. Please share the codes.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?17735-TM-Twin-manual

stilts
24-09-13, 11:40
Hi, Abu Baniaz,

I've programmed the remote just fine to work with my TV, that's what page 10 is for, I need to try and find out how to program it it with a sat receiver code though.

I received a reply from Technomate support a short while ago:

"It is likely that the VIX software you have may have had a problem installing as the remote control should work without any problems as it not hardwired to the receivers."

I have replied to advise that other users are using Vix images just fine and that the problem may well be with the remote not being 'Universal' - waiting for a reply back from them.

As fas as I'm aware I have flashed my TM-TWIN using the correct procedure, however, I am beginning to think I've missed something.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks!

abu baniaz
24-09-13, 11:58
Pick up the phone and speak to Richard. You need to convey to him that

They have sent you a remote which was programmed for 2T not Twin. Even on the 4D image you have to select the 2T remote setting. The casing says Twin, but it is a 2T remote.

He should tell you how to reprogramme it if this is possible or send you a replacement remote.

You have not done anything wrong. There is nothing wrong with the image.

abu baniaz
24-09-13, 12:01
oops double post.

Could mods pleease delete

stilts
24-09-13, 12:49
Update, just spoke to Richard at Technomate and explained the problem, he is arranging to send me a new remote coded correctly.

Thanks again everyone for your help in this matter - I'm looking forward to trying Vix out!

degoosefish
19-01-16, 18:35
Tm-Twin remote control can anyone confirm how to pair this remote with a TM-2t please