PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vix 3.0 668 on duo frozen screen in morning

thejoker
24-05-13, 14:00
When i check box in the morning the picture is frozen on the channel i was watching last even though the box was in standby. Have to power off at back.

The box will completely freeze 2-3 times a day. This has hapened the past few weeks.

Is this hapenning to anyone else, my solo and solo 2 are fine....

pooface
24-05-13, 18:14
I used to have this happen on my duo years ago, but have since given the duo to my mum, and she hasn't said anything about that happening. But she does shut down to deep standby. So whether this is a symptom of the dreaded capacitor problem I am unsure...

Assuming this is actually a genuine unit, as mine was genuine, but I haven't used it day to day for well over a year now... But mine was a genuine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

khan888
24-05-13, 18:30
Do you have epg set to download each morning? If so delete epg.dat file located in /media/hdd and run CrossEPG Downloader again and see if you have the same issue.

pooface
24-05-13, 20:05
Do you have epg set to download each morning? If so delete epg.dat file located in /media/hdd and run CrossEPG Downloader again and see if you have the same issue.

If following this advice, then ensure you kill enigma (telnet in to box, and run init 4). Then, delete the epg.dat and also delete the crossepg folder, then start enigma2 in telnet with init 3...

thejoker
25-05-13, 08:37
Thanks guys, will try that....