PDA

View Full Version : 2 mounts to the same device how?

raedkuwait
07-10-10, 02:07
hi,
could some one tell me how to do that, lets say i have my dev/sdb1 automounted to /media/usb
and at the same time after this mount is done in the fstb file, i wand dev/sdb1 to be mounted for
/media/hd or anything else , so when i do df -h it will show the /dev/sdb1 mounted to 2 differnt locations
actually its one mount but 2 differnt name links to it..

pooface
07-10-10, 08:21
As far as I know, this isn't possible with fstab... I managed upon testing to get get, e.g. /dev/sda1 to mount to /media/usb & /media/hdd, but that was only manually mounting it... When I set an fstab to do it, only the last (or maybe was first, but think last, was so long ago I can't remember) entry is mounted. So, if you have /media/hdd first, then /media/usb, only /media/usb gets mounted...

Another way you could do it, is to mount /media/hdd via mount manager, then, delete the /media/usb folder, and create a symlink to /media/hdd from /media/usb. Not sure if this would do what you want (and whether plugins such as crossepg, and the actual picons etc would work, but you could always try it and let us know...

raedkuwait
07-10-10, 13:48
hi, thanx for your reply
i know that i could do it manually, but is there a way to do this manual mount through a batch file or something?
i need when i do df -h to show the /dev/sdb1 to be mounted to 2 locations.
thank you

pooface
07-10-10, 14:08
hi, thanx for your reply
i know that i could do it manually, but is there a way to do this manual mount through a batch file or something?
i need when i do df -h to show the /dev/sdb1 to be mounted to 2 locations.
thank you

Why do you need that? Might be able to do some sort of workaround of sorts?!