PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Auto Bouquets STV region mixed up

garryboy
23-05-13, 18:14
Hi

When i run a autobouquet scan for SKY provider STV West i get STV edinburgh region which is in the east. Vice versa the STV east gives me STV Glasgow which is in the west.

They are the wrong way round.

No big issue i just pick the other region but was just to point it out.

Thanks
Gaz

andyblac
24-05-13, 10:10
Hi

When i run a autobouquet scan for SKY provider STV West i get STV edinburgh region which is in the east. Vice versa the STV east gives me STV Glasgow which is in the west.

They are the wrong way round.

No big issue i just pick the other region but was just to point it out.

Thanks
Gaz

are they any other differences ?

garryboy
25-05-13, 05:44
No only regional veriations on stv news. I live near glasgow but get stv Edinburgh news.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

chaser
25-05-13, 07:03
Just had a look on KoS to see what other channels have Scottish regional variations, and the only one I can find is STV (SD) which appears to have three - north, east & west. BBC 1, BBC 2, Channel 4 & Channel 5 all have Scottish regions, but unlike STV, only have the one Scottish channel. Interestingly, there is only one STV + 1 and one STV HD channel. STV + 1 is based on the STV east channel, so I guess it will show Edinburgh regional news - regardless of where you stay in Scotland. I'm not sure what regional news the HD channel shows.

dwarf
30-05-13, 16:29
Also if you do an HD swap it will add BBC One Scotland HD, BBC Two Scotland HD to 101, 102 etc but it'll completely miss out 103 and put a placeholder in for it.

Is it possible to add STV HD to the 103 position or even STV East or West SD and leave the rest HD as per sky uk?

Just a suggestion and love your work!

chaser
30-05-13, 21:30
Also if you do an HD swap it will add BBC One Scotland HD, BBC Two Scotland HD to 101, 102 etc but it'll completely miss out 103 and put a placeholder in for it.

Is it possible to add STV HD to the 103 position or even STV East or West SD and leave the rest HD as per sky uk?

Just a suggestion and love your work!The problem is that STV HD is not actually part of the Sly UK EPG line up, so this is the reason it doesn't appear in position 103 when you do the channel swap. I've asked previously that the plugin be a little bit more intelligent and only swap 103 if there is an HD equivalent to swap with, but I don't think it's high on the developers priorities. However, there is a work around for this. There is a file that you can modify which removes the channel 103 swap. The information about this tweak is somewhere in the main ABM thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24209-AutoBouquetMaker-released-by-ViX!&p=199263&highlight=LraiZer#post199263

If you want to use an autobouquet maker and have STV HD in position 103, then you'll need to use AutoBouquets E2 by LraiZer. This plugin allows you to use a supplement.txt file to inject the STV HD channel into the Sly UK EPG. The swap HD option then correctly swaps STV SD & STV HD. Again, details in the main AutoBouquets E2 thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20220-UKCvS-AutoBouquets-E2-by-LraiZer-BETA&p=199493&highlight=LraiZer#post199493

dwarf
31-05-13, 10:22
Thanks Chaser, I knew STV HD wasn't part of the official line up. It was just a wish list more than anything else:)

garryboy
04-06-13, 23:56
Thanks for replys. i do the hd swap using autobouquet but i edit the skyuk.xml file to eliminate the channel swap 103.

This gives me all hd channels with STV SD in 103

andyblac
05-06-13, 10:54
Thanks for replys. i do the hd swap using autobouquet but i edit the skyuk.xml file to eliminate the channel swap 103.

This gives me all hd channels with STV SD in 103

post it here and i'll take a look about adding to list of providers

garryboy
05-06-13, 19:06
how do i attach an .xml file here for you to view or do i just copy and paste the contents

Larry-G
05-06-13, 19:14
when creating the post click on the go advanced tab then add attachments.

garryboy
05-06-13, 21:12
wont let me attach an .xml file so ive put it into a zip file.

as i said earlier. i have only removed the "swap channel 103" from the file.

when i generate a hd swap channel list it gives 103 with STV scotland SD.

everytime i update software i have to re edit the file though.

as per the original post has have the east and west variations been fixed.

Thanks Andy as i know you have lot on

andyblac
06-06-13, 16:39
wont let me attach an .xml file so ive put it into a zip file.

as i said earlier. i have only removed the "swap channel 103" from the file.

when i generate a hd swap channel list it gives 103 with STV scotland SD.

everytime i update software i have to re edit the file though.

as per the original post has have the east and west variations been fixed.

Thanks Andy as i know you have lot on

is there a STV HD ? if so what number is it ?

Larry-G
06-06-13, 16:49

as far as i know there isn't one mate. thats the point as there is no STV HD channel it wont be generated in slot 103, they want ABM to place the SD equivalent in to 103 if no HD version is found.

dwarf
06-06-13, 16:52
As above having the normal stv SD in the 103 slot would be fine. There is a STV HD channel but its not part of any official line up as yet so doesn't have a channel number.

chaser
06-06-13, 17:09

as far as i know there isn't one mate. thats the point as there is no STV HD channel it wont be generated in slot 103, they want ABM to place the SD equivalent in to 103 if no HD version is found.

Yeah. That's exactly right. For the scottish regions there is no ITV HD (or more correctly STV HD) channel in EPG position 178. Therefore, if we select the HD swap option, we end up with a blank entry in position 103.

LraiZer gets around this by allowing us to define the channels which we want to swap when we select the HD swap option. We can do similar with the .xml file in ABM, but this file gets re-written every time we do an update.

Further, LraiZer allows us to 'inject' non EPG channels into the bouquet using a supplement.txt file. This allows us to inject STVHD into position 178. The HD swap then allows us to do the STV SD / STV HD swap in the same way as the ITV SD / ITV HD works.

garryboy
11-06-13, 12:18
Hi andy I know your busy

Will you be able to create a Scottish provider file so we dont need to keep editing the xml file after every update.

That gives us hd swap and STV sd in 103

Cheers
Garry

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2