PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with TM-2T please

sulky
23-05-13, 10:49
Hi hope someone can help i have a technomate tm-2t with vix image 3.0 build 649 working fine until yesterday evening it suddenly crashed and now shows starting on the receiver but will not boot no signal is detected by the tv which really worries me. It is only 3 months old and not had a problem until yesterday.

Larry-G
23-05-13, 13:55
Try reflashing the image.

sulky
24-05-13, 11:07
Thanks for the reply I have tried to reflash the image. it will not detect usb. Display is showing starting when powering up i have tried all usb ports and 2 usb sticks fully formatted to fat 32 also tried putting the bootloader on. Any more help will be greatly appreciated.

sulky
24-05-13, 11:21
Thanks for the reply I have tried to reflash the image. it will not detect usb. Display is showing starting when powering up i have tried all usb ports and 2 usb sticks fully formatted to fat 32 also tried putting the bootloader on. Any more help will be greatly appreciated.

TK4|2|1
24-05-13, 14:27
Try a different USB stick. Unplug all other USB devices.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

sulky
24-05-13, 15:51
Hi have tried 2 different usb sticks in front and rear usb port. I have extracted the image to root of usb i have not altered the file structure. With usb in i power on the receiver and it just says starting on the display. Left it for 10 mins nothing happens

abu baniaz
24-05-13, 15:59
Does it boot into the non-e2 mode? (When you restart, keep pressing Menu on receiver?)

TK4|2|1
24-05-13, 16:22
You are extracting the image before putting it onto the USB aren't you?
You should see a folder called "upgrade" in that a folder called "tm2toe", in that another folder "cfe", and in the "cfe" folder 4 files, imageversion, oe_kernel.bin, oe_rootfs.bin and splash.bmp.

sulky
25-05-13, 08:54
Hi i am still unable to reflash the image. I have extracted the zip file and copied the upgrade folder to the root of USB stick it will not see anything remains stuck in the starting mode. I have pressed the menu button repeatedly at power up as suggested by abu baniaz this makes no difference. Thanks for the help so far, any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TK4|2|1
25-05-13, 11:30
Has it got an internal HDD? If so remove a try again, just in case it's something wrong with it.

abu baniaz
25-05-13, 15:48
Try flashing it with nothing other than the power cable connected. No ethernet/satellite cable.

If that does not work, try to flash the bootloader by serial port and then give it another go. If that does not work, contact your retailer for a replacement.

sulky
25-05-13, 16:59
Thanks for all the help tried everything that has been suggested except the connecting the box by serial port as i dont have a lead. I will contact the retailer on Tuesday

abu baniaz
25-05-13, 17:22
Just out of curiosity, did you have an epg download scheduled on the night it crashed?

sulky
25-05-13, 19:18
EPG was scheduled to download at 0900 am every morning