PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Channel list with symbol for encrypted channels

Brett Sinclair
22-05-13, 11:27
Is there a way to make the channel list show if a channel is encrypted or not.
At my other different receiver (Dr. HD) I can see a dollar sign after the channel name in the list if it the channel is encrypted. I found this to be quite a useful feature. Is this or something similar possible with the Vix image, too?

duoduo
22-05-13, 11:41
What benefit would this give you Brett? You can hide sky sub channels as an example of you use ABM.

Rob van der Does
22-05-13, 12:10
I am wishing this for years. The benefit would be clear: knowing a channel is encrypted would prevent you from useless trying to watch it.

But unfortunately the answer is no.

Larry-G
23-05-13, 00:26
Personally I hate it when a GUI shows the dollar or encrypted sign in the channel list. My ferguson ariva 202e does this and I think it just looks tacky.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 06:30
But this is not about 'looks', but about functionality.
But tell me: if there's no indication for being encrypted, you must be trying to watch in vain very often (as I do).

abu baniaz
23-05-13, 07:38
Surely there must be a way? On non Linux receivers you can scan FTA channels only. The receiver can tell which channels are free.

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 07:41
On non Linux receivers you can scan FTA channels only.
On E2-receivers as well.

Brett Sinclair
23-05-13, 09:46
I would love to have this option because I often use the full channel list to explore the channels on different satellites. If this were integrated into the image there would obviously have to be a way to enable/disable this function in the settings menu. This way everybody would be happy!
Do you think this is possible?

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 09:48
I would love to have this option because I often use the full channel list to explore the channels on different satellites. If this were integrated into the image there would obviously have to be a way to enable/disable this function in the settings menu. This way everybody would be happy!
I fully agree with you for the very same reason.

andyblac
23-05-13, 16:05
not easy to do, a currently the channel list xml, does not support a flag for FTA/Encrypted. and this would have to added at time of scan. this why no one has done it, imo allot of work to get this working. and ALL lists would have to support it. and as most of the lists are 3rd party, i can't see the list creator using only vix to create there settings for this feature, so i would guess this will never happen.

abu baniaz
23-05-13, 16:24
If Vix starts adding the markers, then other teams may follow too.

Hypothetically....
Could someone receive the channel list from receiver, run a program on PC that adds the markers with required parameters?

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 17:40
not easy to do, a currently the channel list xml, does not support a flag for FTA/Encrypted. and this would have to added at time of scan. this why no one has done it, imo allot of work to get this working. and ALL lists would have to support it. and as most of the lists are 3rd party, i can't see the list creator using only vix to create there settings for this feature, so i would guess this will never happen.

First of all: an editor like 'SetEditDream' already supports the encryption-flag.
Secondly: whatever which settings are on the box; any scan would add the decrypted-flag if that was supported.

So even if only ViX would support the flag, that would be very useful indeed. And a great novelty as well!

Trial
23-05-13, 22:52
Hi Rob,
does this editor also support E1? E1 had such a flag and it was not reliable and ugly. Scrambnled or not was tested during scan and not all channel are scrambled all the time.

I would save the time and do something more usefull like watching football in London on saturday;-)

Ralf

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

andyblac
24-05-13, 10:18
First of all: an editor like 'SetEditDream' already supports the encryption-flag.
Secondly: whatever which settings are on the box; any scan would add the decrypted-flag if that was supported.

So even if only ViX would support the flag, that would be very useful indeed. And a great novelty as well!

Rob, irc the channel list are not touched during a scan, only the lamdb is created, so scanning does not change channel bouquets. and as Ralf say a scan check is not performed during a scan. this would have to be done all manual i think, i maybe wrong but this si the way i think scan's etc work, and why it has not been done, to much work for little benefit.

Rob van der Does
24-05-13, 12:00
I can't judge about the amount of work, but the benefit would be great.
Trial is correct in saying that errors can creep in, as not all encrypted channels are so 100% of the time. But in a previous life I did have a receiver showing the crypted-icon, and it really was a great help in not trying to watch channels in vain.

About the scan: I'm pretty sure that the channels in bouquets are being updated. See what happens if you change a channel name, and zap to that service.

BTW: NO football on my telly; that really would be a waste of time ....

andyblac
24-05-13, 21:20
About the scan: I'm pretty sure that the channels in bouquets are being updated. See what happens if you change a channel name, and zap to that service.

???.sorry do not get you, bouquets are not created from a automatic or manual scan, there only create manually or via ABM. as far as i know bouquets are NOT touched during any type of scan apart from ABM.

Rob van der Does
24-05-13, 21:33
Yes they are. Just try as I suggested.

But this was not about bouquet creation, but about channels in a bouquet being adapted i.a.w a scan.