PDA

View Full Version : Satellites

roystheboy
22-05-13, 08:00
Hello Guys hope you can help ,I got a Max receiver with a 1.2 mtre dish I move the dish with a motor not connected to the receiver my problem is once I have moved the dish from say Astr to Hotbird with my motor I go to the Max receiver remote and press the down button then the blue button and move to Hotbird but it dont work ,I got to go into the menu to alter things to be able to get the Hotbird Sat ,on my Duo all I got to do is just press the down button on the remote then the blue then move to what ever sat I need .and in Sat Finder in the Max I got SNR 96 AGC nothing and BER nothing thats not right is it hope you can hel please take care best regards

abu baniaz
22-05-13, 17:32
If I understand you correctly.......

MAX connected to dish with dish pointing to 28.2
Disconnect MAX receiver
Connect dish to DUO, move dish to 13.0
Disconnect DUO and reconnect MAX

Now you want to view 13.0 on the MAX? Can you say what the tuner settings are on the MAX?

roystheboy
22-05-13, 21:16
Hi no the Duo is connected to the Dish I just want the Max to work on all sats cheers take care

Larry-G
22-05-13, 21:33
so if i have this correct your using the duo to power the motor and have the maxdigital hooked up to a feed from the dish to receive channels from the satellite that your dish is pointing towards ?, now i'm no expert but i dont think that the correct way to go about things.

roystheboy
22-05-13, 21:45
Thanks I just want to to watch whatever Satellite the Dish is pointing to on the Max whithout going into the menu all the time, there has to be a seting in the Max to be able to do this cheers thanks for replying cheers take care

Larry-G
22-05-13, 21:48
I could be wrong but you have your setup on the maxdigital so it expects there to be a motor for it to turn and thats where your going wrong.

roystheboy
22-05-13, 21:53
That sounds good to me how can I sort that out ,because if I only had the Max it should be able to go from Sat to Sat whithout going into the menu all the time ,hope you can sort it for me cheers take care

Rob van der Does
22-05-13, 21:57
Do I understand correctly that you have one motor that you want to control from two boxes?
If so: there's only one (limited) way to do so: connect the dish to the Max, and the DUO to the loopthrough of the Max.
That way the DUO can controll the motor as long as the Max doesn't use it.

Larry-G
22-05-13, 22:01
Do I understand correctly that you have one motor that you want to control from two boxes?
If so: there's only one (limited) way to do so: connect the dish to the Max, and the DUO to the loopthrough of the Max.
That way the DUO can controll the motor as long as the Max doesn't use it.

I believe he has the motor connected to the Duo and the Max to a spare feed from the LNB bypassing the motor.

roystheboy
22-05-13, 22:04
Hi no I want the Duo to control everything its just I got three connections to my LNB two to the Duo and one to the Max ,the Max is in the bedroom I just want to receive on the Max what Satellite it is pointing to without going into the menu to alter things cheers

Larry-G
23-05-13, 05:33
Hi no I want the Duo to control everything its just I got three connections to my LNB two to the Duo and one to the Max ,the Max is in the bedroom I just want to receive on the Max what Satellite it is pointing to without going into the menu to alter things cheers

The problem is your maxdigital expects there to be a motor for it to control and as this is not the case it won't work as you expect it to.

You could try robs suggestion but that also has limitations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 06:35
Then I would not connect the Max to any LNB at all, but use the Remote Channel Converter: that way your Max is a client to the DUO and you can freely see everything, including recordings on the DUO's HDD.

roystheboy
23-05-13, 06:42
Hi Thanks I wouldnt know how to do that cheers take care

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 06:58
Just install the plugin 'Remote Channel Converter' from the feeds and use it.
Both boxes must be connected to your home network.

roystheboy
23-05-13, 07:17
Hi I got the Duo connected to my modem downstairs and the Max receiver is upstairs connected with belkin house plugs cheers

Larry-G
23-05-13, 07:32
Hi I got the Duo connected to my modem downstairs and the Max receiver is upstairs connected with belkin house plugs cheers

As long as there on the same network that's fine, your basically streaming the channels from one of the free tuners of the duo to the maxdigital including the full EPG etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

roystheboy
23-05-13, 07:55
Hi would I get all the channels on the Max from the Duo and all Sats as well if I connected it like you said still not sure how to do it cheers

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 08:14
Did you use the RCC plugin (hence downloaded bouquets from the server box)?
If so, remote bouquets will have been created which you can use the same way as local bouquets.

roystheboy
23-05-13, 08:22
Hi the two boxes are on Vix Image is that O.K. thanks cheers

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 08:57
Hi the two boxes are on Vix Image is that O.K. thanks cheers
Yes .

duoduo
23-05-13, 10:20
this method above, is it all done wireless then? So if i wanted to watch whats on in the front room on my reciever in bedroom i could if i install RCC on both boxes and no need for messy cables running around the house?

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 10:22
As I said: the plugin creates bouquets on your client box and you can use them for zapping just the same as if you were using the internal tuner.

Larry-G
23-05-13, 14:06
as rob says the client receiver builds a bouquet list from the host receivers bouquets, when you access any of these new bouquets it basically logs into the host and "borrows" a spare tuner in the same was a a recording does and streams the channel you want to watch. This can be any channel you want and does not have to be the one that the host receiver is watching.

duoduo
23-05-13, 14:35
Thanks for clearing that up, seems a much better solution than having to run cables off your main box. Anyone happen to know the cheapest (but reliable) box that would accomodate being able to do this? I assume it would need to linux enigma 2?

Larry-G
23-05-13, 15:13
Thanks for clearing that up, seems a much better solution than having to run cables off your main box. Anyone happen to know the cheapest (but reliable) box that would accomodate being able to do this? I assume it would need to linux enigma 2?

any Enigma2 receiver will work and yes it must be a enigma2 receiver.

offliner
29-09-13, 23:19
hi mate i know this post is quite old but in case you are still looking
this is very simple i use the same thing 1 box to control motor and others connected to same dish

all boxes that aren't controlling the motor should have the satellite setup for all satellites

for example on the satellite setup instead of having to setup which one you are now pointing the dish every time you turn it just set it up for all satellites

cheers