PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Install drivers for Logitech K400

Brett Sinclair
20-05-13, 23:42
I am a proud new owner of a VU+ Solo2 and have installed the latest VIX image. This is my first Linux receiver.
Everything works fine, but I have not been able to get my wireless keyboard working. It's a Logitech K400.
After a long search on the internet I have read that the following files might help me:

kernel-module-hid-logitech
install kernel-module-hid-logitech-dj

However, I haven't got a clue how to obtain them. Installing extra IPK's (yellow button under IPK installation) does not work. I get a message that I would have to setup an extra location under backup settings, but there is no such function there.
I do know how to FTP them to the /tmp folder, but this means I would have to find the files somewhere for download.
I appreciate any help!

Rob van der Does
21-05-13, 08:40
They are available from the feeds.
Use in telnet:

opkg install kernel-module-hid-logitech
and

opkg install kernel-module-hid-logitech-dj
then restart the box.

Brett Sinclair
21-05-13, 10:15
Thanks for your help!
I've tried this and got a message that the installation was successful. I restarted my box (cold start), but I can still not use keyboard. I've tried with the USB extender and without (I guess I don't need the extender when I have got drivers installed, do I?).
It does not seem to work.
Any other suggestions?

Rob van der Does
21-05-13, 10:36
Not sure what the 'extender' is. The keyboard comes with a dongle (the 'unifying' receiver) that must be plugged in your box (and the box needs to reboot with the dongle installed).
A 'cold reboot' isn't required: a warm will do (via the GUI).

Did you try the setting 'text support' activated/deactivated (you find it under Remote Control code')?

Brett Sinclair
21-05-13, 11:15
Now I have activated the "text support" under "Remote Control Code", but still no keyboard found (Remote Code = 02?).
Would the keyboard work in the menu? It does not seem to respond when I open a browser. I can also not find a way to activate the keyboard in the "Webbrowser" or the Opera Browser (V 1.0). I can't find anything under \Tools to enable the keyboard.
It is also not listed under \Input Devices in the system settings (would it be if sucessfully installed).
I'm a bit helpless here!

Brett Sinclair
21-05-13, 11:58
One of the questions is, would I find the keyboard under \Input Devices? Or is there any other way to find out if the keyboard is working except starting a plugin?

andyblac
21-05-13, 15:54
One of the questions is, would I find the keyboard under \Input Devices? Or is there any other way to find out if the keyboard is working except starting a plugin?

yes, it should shown there. what box you got ?, also try pairing the dongle and the keyboard in windows first, as irc there is no software in linux to do this, but once paired they should work.

Brett Sinclair
21-05-13, 21:24
I just wish you were right when you say it "should work".
I installed the keyboard under Windows, put the dongle back into the receiver and restarted the whole thing. I even tried different USB ports and removed a memory stick. No Logitech keyboard is listed under device.
Tried to install the drivers again via Telnet, but I get the message that the latest drivers are already installed. Nothing seems to help.
Does the keyboard map selection under \setup\keyboard have any impact on this? This is a German (qwertz) keyboard .
My box is a Vu+ Solo2 (image: Vix 3.0.665).

Rob van der Does
21-05-13, 21:37
Sorry, but I'm out of ideas. I just put my Logitech (unifying) dongle in the box and it works instantly.

Brett Sinclair
22-05-13, 09:01
Maybe the problem is that my keyboard is in fact a K400r (although on the box it says K400). From what I read on the internet there seem to be some compatibility problems which the older K400 does not have. However, it worked on a different receiver (Dr. HD Grand). It just would be great if it worked on my VU+ Solo2 as well!

Brett Sinclair
23-05-13, 21:26
I've been pretty busy flashing my Solo2. I wanted to try out different images and find out whether my problem with the Logi K400r has anything to do with Vix. It does not!
I have not been able to get the keyboard working on my Vu+ Solo2, no matter if I installed the logitech kernel modules or not. (The keyboard is however fullly functioning with other hardware!) I finally discovered that I really like the Vix image much better than Vti or Blackhole.
But I am still looking or a way to browse the internet with my linux box.
I would be willing to buy a different keyboard, but I'm not so sure if this works. I have found a lot of messages on the web where a lot of people have successfully installed their Logi K400 or K400r, which makes me think that maybe the other keyboards that are reported to work do not work here.
Maybe something is wrong with my box or its drivers!? I can also not type in text with my remote control, just numbers (although I activated 'text support').
Any help is strongly appreciated!

Rob van der Does
23-05-13, 21:48
I'm pretty sure it must be working. As I said: if I plugin my unifying dongle (used for my lappies mouse) it is seen neatly under devices.

Anyway: I also have a Logitech K250 that's working fine (although less sophisticated).

ch73
21-11-13, 23:53
I've just succeeded to make my K400 work on my solo2 : the problem was that logitech modules were not loaded at boot. To solve that, I just added those 2 lines in the file /etc/modules :

hid_logitech
hid_logitech_dj

and rebooted my box. Everything works fine now.

Hope this helps.

andyblac
22-11-13, 10:00
I've just succeeded to make my K400 work on my solo2 : the problem was that logitech modules were not loaded at boot. To solve that, I just added those 2 lines in the file /etc/modules :

hid_logitech
hid_logitech_dj

and rebooted my box. Everything works fine now.

Hope this helps.

hmm, modules should have auto loaded. could you please do a reflash, no restore, attach the dongle, and give me a serial boot log, (without adding those files)

thanks

andy.